• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usmcdad

May 15, 2010
    Finally bought my own shotgun this Christmas and very pleased. Remington 11-87 Sportsman in synthetic black, 26 in. barrel. I just never liked the 28 in. A friend is already going to drag me out to hunt geese and "shoot at something that is moving for real in the wild and not just clay pigeons." Also bought my son a youth size 870 - he was shocked! I love his little shotgun - smooth operating gun. We took them out Christmas day to a friend's farm, along with my Glock 19 (just acquired in March of last year), and had what will always be remembered in our household as "the redneck Christmas."

Attachments

• IMAG0285.jpg
      IMAG0285.jpg
      34.7 KB · Views: 337
    • IMAG0286.jpg
      IMAG0286.jpg
      37.3 KB · Views: 336

Fodder4Thought

New Dad!!
    Jul 19, 2009
    Man, from the title I thought we were going to see the beginning stage of a messy divorce. I'm glad to see it's a shotgun.

Very nice!

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    :sarcasm:Welcome to the redneck Christmas club. A membership packet will be sent to you in short order.

Seriously - good to see you passing the shooting sports to your next generation.

usmcdad

May 15, 2010
    Thanks guys. We loved our redneck Christmas!!! I set the bar high - I might not be able to top it next year. This may have to be a family tradition. I'm so enjoying introducing my youngest to shooting sports at the same time as I am learning them.

Now.........what to get next year.........?

usmcdad

May 15, 2010
    Buying guns does not make you a redneck.

But that is a sweet looking 870. I want to get my sister a youth 870. She is a natural at trap shooting.

I would highly recommend the youth 870. My older son who is an Marine Corp grunt and the real deal, shot with us and said he loved it too. Just a very sweet shotgun for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom