• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    Need some input guys. A week or two ago I snagged up an sgl-21 I did good on it. Now I have came up with a trade on some motorcycle parts I have for a norinko AK. If I pieced my stuff out I could sell it for 500-600 bucks plus my time. I'm looking at a straight trade.

I'm thinking its a good deal, but I don't know jack crap about AKs yet. Should I snag it up for a beater or let it go? I'm thinking if I don't like it I could always put it up for trade.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Yes! even it's a mak 90 with turned down muzzleand a slant receiver Id do that trade in a heartbeat without hesitation. You can always get motorcycle parts but not another AK after 10/1

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    While you can use it as a "beater" (and there is nothing wrong with that) don't assume that, just because it's Chinese, it's inferior. Norinco = Quality. As previously stated, Chicoms are generally THE BEST AK's ever made. This applies to prebans and military models. Some of the later thumbhole models were not made on military assembly lines but rather on lines set up for commercial production. The quality of some of those is spotty with such things as canted front sights and crappy finishes. I own various Chicom firearms and would readily trust my life to any of them.

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    IMG951609.jpg

IMG952171.jpg

IMG956688.jpg

Working on getting more pics

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    So looks like I'm going for it.

I always think chi com = shit.

If it comes to your run-of-the-mill product like from Wal-Mart you would be right.

However their firearms and ammo back when they were legal to import were top notch including their clones of U.S. military weapons.

The 1911's they made were made of better quality steel that rated higher on the Rockwell steel category in the 5000's (most U.S. stuff is 4140) and were used as a base for many competition match guns.

The M14's use forged receivers unlike the U.S. ones and use hammer forged chrome-lined barrels making them feel like real battle rifles. They got blueprints from Ron Smith himself of Smith Enterprises. When they showed Ron their clone of it he was impressed. They are also a better value compared to the current line of Springfield rifles (which aren't real Springfields) IMO.

its a hunter, not a MAK90 or better... ehhhh.. Not my cup of tea,

He could always have it converted into a Galil 7.62x39 clone that I see for sale on the interwebs from time to time :innocent0.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    It's funny, back in the late 80's and early 90's popular opinion *was* that Norinco/Polytechs were cheap Chinese guns. There weren't that many guys into AKs and shops were nearly giving them away.

But now that we can't import them anymore the prices have shot way, way up and folks are finally appreciating them for what they are. If you like old-world attention to detail like classic bluing, these are about the only way you can get it. Just a few years ago you could still score a post-ban MAK for a few hundred... not anymore. Congrats OP!

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Norinco Hunter. They were the Clinton neutered slant cut Chinese version of the WASR. Mine is as accurate as most anything. I have converted it a bit. I am thinking about adding a folding carry handle, bipod and MG stock.

Attachments

• IMG_20130223_171020_969.jpg
      IMG_20130223_171020_969.jpg
      66.6 KB · Views: 149

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    It's funny, back in the late 80's and early 90's popular opinion *was* that Norinco/Polytechs were cheap Chinese guns. There weren't that many guys into AKs and shops were nearly giving them away.

But now that we can't import them anymore the prices have shot way, way up and folks are finally appreciating them for what they are. If you like old-world attention to detail like classic bluing, these are about the only way you can get it. Just a few years ago you could still score a post-ban MAK for a few hundred... not anymore. Congrats OP!

I just picked up a pre ban Poly tech NIB for the long haul. First thing I noticed was how nice the finish was. Wish I was old enough late 80's, 90's to first understand the AK and to buy. The good ole days for firearms.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Its Harley stuff. Only Honda that i could even think about owning would be a cb series and café it.

:lol:

Then you are seriously misguided with regards to motorcycles my friend. My Honda ST1100 is currently nearing it's 113,000th trouble-free mile. Those hardly-ableson guys can tinker with their backwards engineered show toys while I actually RIDE my Honda all over North America. :thumbsup:

Rem700fan

Ammo Disposal Expert
    Jul 11, 2012
    Eastern Panhandle, WV
    I just picked up a pre ban Poly tech NIB for the long haul. First thing I noticed was how nice the finish was. Wish I was old enough late 80's, 90's to first understand the AK and to buy. The good ole days for firearms.
    Nice. Don't know if I could buy a NIB Poly preban, I would fighting strong urges to shoot it and an urge to keep it NIB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom