• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigboy6

Dec 30, 2009
    bel air
    i have a norinco mak 90 parts kit and i cant find a reciever for it . if anybody knows where i might be able to get one it would be helpful thanks larry

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Which AK receiver is it most similar to? Or are Mak90's a totally unique type of AK receiver. I would think it possible to simply cut the back of the receiver down once it's been folded in the press and jig. Especially if you still have the bits and parts attached to your rear trunnion to go by.

I've never done this, just asking.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    You are not likely to find a a Chinese receiver, I am actually amazed you have a parts kit. You probably would have to use a stamped receiver like noduk

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    I think you need a thicker reciever for the MAK-90, but you need to check the rear trunnion as well. You can either build or bend your own.

The only outfit i know that made a 1.6mm receiver for the MAK-90 was Global Trades, which kinda became Elk River Tool and Die, which may have been folded into something else recently. There is scuttlebut about an AK-builder flat for the MAK-90s, maybe give them a call at ak-builder.com?

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    The chamber end of the barrel is 19mm and will only work in Chinese trunnions. It will not fit in a European made AK trunnion.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    As others have said, you need a thicker 1.5-1.6mm receiver. You won't find a Chinese receiver and in any case, the resulting gun needs to be 922(r) compliant. Better off looking for a US receiver that counts as one part.

AK Builder has "heavy duty" flats made for Chinese guns, I believe. Someone out there is making finised hardened receivers out of them. PM me and I can give you the name of an FFL06 in Texas who does awesome work and can make you a fully hardened copy with the right selector marks.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    The MAK90 kit I got years ago did not include a rear trunion. Does anybody know where to get rear trunions? The front trunion with the barrel seems to work fine with the "stamped" flat that I bent up.

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    I've got one of those 1.6mm receivers.... on my Global Trades/Arsenal USA SSR-56-2. This rifle has a chinese Poly-Tech chromed barrel built on a brand new GlobalTrades/Arsenal USA US-made 1.6mm receiver, assembled in the US. This is one sweet AK! http://www.mdshooters.com/gallery/files/5/6/6/0/ssr-56-2a.jpg
    The Global Trades/ Arsenal USA AK's production was managed by a Bugarian who was actually the head of Arsenal 10 plant in Bulgaria. Global Trades/AUSA imported him to head up their fabrication efforts.
    GT/AUSA was the only company to import brand new AK parts directly from the factory for assembly here. They were the first to build AKs from "parts kits" (brand new parts right off the production line - not cut up rifles). GT/AUSA rifles are some of the highest quality AKs out there. Do not be fooled by currently imported SSR-85 rifles which are nowhere near the quality of GT/AUSA's rifles before they were forced to shut down due to a trademark conflict with the company in Las Vegas, Nevada just called Arsenal USA.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom