Non-reciprocating Side Charging AR builds.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I was intrigued by a Brownells email, which had a special for a side charging non-reciprocating pistol caliber AR upper. From what I can gleen, we can still legally build AR pistols with stripped lowers in MD, can't we?
    Anyway, I went looking for ones in .45 ACP (the one at Brownells is only in 9MM). Some of them seem to have a blow-back operation bolt, with an internal to the upper spring. That would eliminate the buffer tube entirely. It would be nice to put a dual sling mount like the AR rifles can get to mount on the lowers opening for the buffer, but are there plugs to close that hole up, or am missing something (entirely possible, eh). Or is there a specific lower. Unable to find one. Looks like it would be a fun pistol to have and carry.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Is that the BRN-9 upper? still blowback, 5.5", no buffer tube needed, main benefit is that it allows a side folding pic rail mounted stock. It's $550, kind of expensive for what it is, and everything is proprietary on it.

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    There are others in .45 ACP out there. I am wondering what kind of lower would be best, and since there is no need for buffer tubes, what lowers would work.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Is that the BRN-9 upper? still blowback, 5.5", no buffer tube needed, main benefit is that it allows a side folding pic rail mounted stock. It's $550, kind of expensive for what it is, and everything is proprietary on it.
    I've seen the add. They are perfect for those who have pre 2013 SBRs and don't have to adhere to the 29" rule. It wouldn't be much fun with an 11" barrel, otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom