• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County

Banged one shop in Indiana for high cap mag sales. Not that it's any secret kommie states are doing it.
    So NJ is using the threat of barratry to get retailers to sign consent agreements to not participate in interstate commerce that a state is constitutionally barred from interfering in. The state can regulate receipt within its borders; its legal writ doesn't extend beyond those, but until the Feds step in and say "No!", it's going to keep happening.

Markpixs

Apr 23, 2011
    NOVA
    Guessing it's coming soon to MD, more retailers who won't ship due to confusing regulation. Can't say I blame'em

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Guessing it's coming soon to MD, more retailers who won't ship due to confusing regulation. Can't say I blame'em
    Time to buy cases of your favorite calibers, if you haven't already done so.

I've been told that NY has been threatening PA dealers against selling ammo to NY citizens subjects.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Time to buy cases of your favorite calibers, if you haven't already done so.

I've been told that NY has been threatening PA dealers against selling ammo to NY citizens subjects.
    Threatening them with what? They're breaking no laws. They are under no obligation to check residence for ammo sales.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Seems like the Feds and some liberal states… LIKE NEW JERSEY are hypocrites

specifically as pertains to some states stopping shipping abortion pills. Funny that New Jersey and other states are going on record agains limiting cross state sales of nationally legal products … when it suits them

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Threatening them with what? They're breaking no laws. They are under no obligation to check residence for ammo sales.

Threatening them with nuisance lawsuits, perhaps ordering their State Troopers to intercept vehicle coming from PA gun shops, frightening away NY customers . . . all this can cause major business disruptions to people who run small businesses.

Even large businesses are willing to throw MD buyers under the bus to avoid harassment by armies of state-controlled taxpayer-financed lawyers. There's no downside for the state.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    It's not clear to me that NY would have any jurisdiction to sue for activity that occurred solely in PA.

Or that a gun store owner would be worse off having his NY customers possibly intimidated into not buying ammo because of the watching troopers than he would be by "voluntarily" not selling to them.

It's not even clear how intimidated NY buyers would be, since the new law apparently doesn't make it illegal for them to buy ammo in PA. Without a background check.

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    All I can tell you is what I heard from NY relatives and my surmise based on what I hear and what I've experienced myself in MD.

In an ideal world the rule of just laws would be approved and followed. This current world is mot that.

Between the Ideal and the Real falls the Shadow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom