• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    We should hear from the Judge in the NY case before Sept 1. He could issue an injunction stopping the entire NY law or find parts of it unconstitutional.

We shall see

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Others who applied to NJSP in July reporting money order cashed within the past few days.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    SUMMARY UPDATE 8/22/22:

➡️Attempted to find a NJ PTC Training Class in NJ: 7/12/22 Attempt was unsuccessful. None of the NJ Instructors or Ranges I contacted would let me attend a Training Class in NJ without a NJ FID.

➡️Applied online for NJ FID: 7/12/22

➡️Completed NJ PTC Training in Maryland: 7/27/22 by NRA Pistol Instructor

➡️Submitted PTC Application Woodstown NJSP Barracks: 7/28/22

➡️Identogo Fingerprints: 7/28/22

➡️References Called: 8/11/22

➡️Fingerprints Received: Unknown

➡️Background Check Completed: Unknown

➡️PTC Application was completed and "Snail Mailed": 8/15/22 Per NJSP Trooper @ Woodstown Barracks

➡️Money Order Deposited: Not Yet

➡️Contacted by the Superior Court for Permit Pickup or for Court Hearing: Not Yet

➡️Permit Issued: N/A
    How were you informed that your application was mailed.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    How were you informed that your application was mailed.
    They called my Wife and I trying to cancel our FID Applications, saying we didn't need them.

I told them they won't cancel. I know why they want to cancel (new laws and training requirements), but I won't fold.

They told me about our PTC's since they were in the system discussing what I applied for.

Had they not called I wouldn't have the snail mail info.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Did someone mention that NJ was going to sometime in the future have an online application process for a permit to carry?

Yes. It’s called FARS, and is currently used for retired police (RPO) permits as well as permit to purchase and FID.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Anyone get a permit yet? My money order was submitted 7/12 still un cashed.
    Lots of people have received permits but everything varies depending on the town and how courts/judges are handling things. Some are getting completely unrestricted permits, some have restrictions listing only the weapons they qualified with, and some have absurd restrictions saying they are prohibited from carrying in any vehicle. The vehicle restriction thing has happened in ocean county if I remember correctly.

It's rather crazy.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Lots of people have received permits but everything varies depending on the town and how courts/judges are handling things. Some are getting completely unrestricted permits, some have restrictions listing only the weapons they qualified with, and some have absurd restrictions saying they are prohibited from carrying in any vehicle. The vehicle restriction thing has happened in ocean county if I remember correctly.

It's rather crazy.
    That doesn’t make much sense other than to try to basically nullify the permit.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    IMG_20220908_203528458.jpg
    IMG_20220908_203534352.jpg

Last edited:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Total time from Application Submission to Court Hearing will be under 90 days. If they grant the Permit at the Hearing, we will leave the courthouse with our NJ Carry Permits.

Let's see if they add restrictions...

Last edited:

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    TIMELINE:

➡️Attempted to find a NJ PTC Training Class in NJ: 7/12/22 Attempt was unsuccessful. None of the NJ Instructors or Ranges I contacted would let me attend a Training Class in NJ without a NJ FID.

➡️PTC Application was completed and "Snail Mailed": 8/15/22 Per NJSP Trooper @ Woodstown Barracks

➡️Money Order Deposited: Not Deposited/Cashed Yet

➡️Letter Received from Superior Court: 9/8/22 Letter has Hearing Date & Time. Must appear IN PERSON at the Superior Court of NJ, Salem County Courthouse

➡️IN PERSON Court Date/Permit Pickup: 10/**/22 (Court Date is the first week of October. I'm not listing the actual Court Date & Time until the hearing is complete)

➡️Permit Issued: Unknown View attachment 379474 View attachment 379475
    That letterhead looks like it’s from NJ.

Good luck!

Burt Hammersmith

Dumpster Fire
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 20, 2015
    TIMELINE:

➡️Money Order Deposited: Not Deposited/Cashed Yet

➡️Letter Received from Superior Court: 9/8/22 Letter has Hearing Date & Time. Must appear IN PERSON at the Superior Court of NJ, Salem County Courthouse

➡️IN PERSON Court Date/Permit Pickup: 10/**/22 (Court Date is the first week of October. I'm not listing the actual Court Date & Time until the hearing is complete)

➡️Permit Issued: Unknown View attachment 379474 View attachment 379475

Good work. Once you plow the first furrow I will follow shortly thereafter. I travel to NJ enough for work to make it worth my while.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Geez....You have to go to a "hearing" to pickup your permit? What happens if that date doesn't work for the applicant?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom