• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigToe

Well Armed Vagrant
    Between this and Obama's national medical database, I would certainly think twice these days about asking a doc for valium or xanax, even for situational anxiety. You may have someone knocking on your door.

My doc would give me a half dozen valium for long flights. Not sure if I want that in the national medical database in case they start rounding up guns due to "psychological disqualification".

BigToe

Well Armed Vagrant
    But you post it on the internet.

That I've been prescribed valium and own a firearm? Why shouldn't I? Should I now be worried about an anonymous post regarding something that is perfectly legal?

Not really worried about that, but am worried about how they are going to be enforcing the mental illness laws as it relates to firearms, and that will be done by comparing the national medical database w/ the NCIS database.

I wonder how many with true mental illness will refuse to seek help for fear of being branded as such for life in said database?

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    My data is all stored here. Damn I feel old sometimes...

wang1.png

That's a big old WANG...but I prefer this Wang Field Service Terminal (link SFW). It's a more portable WANG.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    That I've been prescribed valium and own a firearm? Why shouldn't I? Should I now be worried about an anonymous post regarding something that is perfectly legal?

Not really worried about that, but am worried about how they are going to be enforcing the mental illness laws as it relates to firearms, and that will be done by comparing the national medical database w/ the NCIS database.

I wonder how many with true mental illness will refuse to seek help for fear of being branded as such for life in said database?

You stated your paranoia about your doctor but post it publicly on the internet.

BigToe

Well Armed Vagrant
    You stated your paranoia about your doctor but post it publicly on the internet.

I don't wear a tinfoil hat, thinking that everything I post on the internet is being watched by the government. I stated that in the past I have been prescribed valium to relieve anxiety when taking long flights. Paranoia would be thinking the government is going to see my post, go through the trouble of identifying me, and taking action regarding my qualification to own a firearm.

What I am saying is that there are now laws that prevent "the mentally unstable" from owning firearms. There are, however, no guidelines as to what constitutes being "mentally unstable". Being that there is a "national medical database" being developed, which could be cross referenced with NCIS records, I am simply saying that I will no longer be asking my doctor to prescribe me anything that could be considered a drug used for psychological treatment.

If you think I'm being paranoid:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/09/a-form-of-gun-confiscation-has-reportedly-begun-in-new-york-state-heres-the-justification-being-used/

Forthefunofit

Mar 25, 2013
    Ridgely, MD
    This should get interesting....

I don't wear a tinfoil hat, thinking that everything I post on the internet is being watched by the government. I stated that in the past I have been prescribed valium to relieve anxiety when taking long flights. Paranoia would be thinking the government is going to see my post, go through the trouble of identifying me, and taking action regarding my qualification to own a firearm.

What I am saying is that there are now laws that prevent "the mentally unstable" from owning firearms. There are, however, no guidelines as to what constitutes being "mentally unstable". Being that there is a "national medical database" being developed, which could be cross referenced with NCIS records, I am simply saying that I will no longer be asking my doctor to prescribe me anything that could be considered a drug used for psychological treatment.

If you think I'm being paranoid:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/09/a-form-of-gun-confiscation-has-reportedly-begun-in-new-york-state-heres-the-justification-being-used/

When I qit smoking the doctor gave Wellbutrin since it was covered under my health plan which is considered a psycho drug. Looks like another government FU in the making. I guess we will all need to become pharmacists.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I went to visit a good friend of mine years ago, at Quantico FBI HQ, he was a pretty big WIG back then. He needed my info, as anyone coming on to the base needed a FBI background check...well...at least that's what he TOLD ME...hahahahaha ( who knows ) but..ANYWAYS...do you believe they had a file on me! For a parking ticket in Baltimore that I did not pay like 10 years earlier. I REMEMBER that ticket...I took my old WWII Patton 3rd army foot soldier uncle up to Aberdeen Proving Grounds Museum for the day, and when I dropped him off I double parked...and tore up the ticket since I was living in VA at the time....hahahahaha I couldn't believe that....my file...parking ticket...must be on the top 10,000 list :-)

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    When we stopped, he showed me Hogan's Alley, he said " We need to get out of here, cause if HRT is training, they don't care who you are, they will yank your ass OUT OF THE CAR to play games ! " hahaha and we moved on. Then there were deer just calmly walking all over the place...it was a really cool visit...saw a bunch of other wild spots too...but...If I told you about them....I would have to track you all down and kill ya! :-)

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    When we stopped, he showed me Hogan's Alley, he said " We need to get out of here, cause if HRT is training, they don't care who you are, they will yank your ass OUT OF THE CAR to play games ! " hahaha and we moved on. Then there were deer just calmly walking all over the place...it was a really cool visit...saw a bunch of other wild spots too...but...If I told you about them....I would have to track you all down and kill ya! :-)

Now they have you on record for committing assault.:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom