• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Every once in a while you’ll get an old milsurp rifle that will do nearly as good as you can see @ 100 yds. I’m lucky to have a M17 and a Grand like that out of quite a few of them so it doesn't happen often.
    Maybe some of the others would do the same from a rest idk.
    That’s why a six o’clock hold is good because I seem to think it eliminates or at least helps to reduce aiming errors because of the error built into open sights like the ops rifle against an aiming black. I always seem to shoot two groups because I cannot see so well anymore even with a peep.
    + the op said he was older prolly seen two much already. That’s a good shooting rifle I seem to think and good to see someone doing it.
    Plenty of belt too in a 30’ish cal rifle like that it’s no mouse gun.
    The other two types I mentioned have a rear aperture that helps too and another reason I like to shoot them. No sissy stuff going on there ,some of us a glutton for punishment.
    Need some grand babies to collect the brass soon as it’s out of the rifle and learn a thing or two about how things really are me thinks.
    I’m going to get another 98 I think just because I like the thread pictures and the content.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Something that may help others with aging eyes and iron sights..

I bought one of these adjustable visual diopters YEARS ago and have used it to get a better sight picture. I may start using it again, I just need to get a better pair of shooting glasses. I had an issue with the suction cup staying adhered to my shooting glasses before.

These do work well. Brings the sight picture in much better focus

unnamed.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom