Nexbelt Brand "Appendix Carry" Ratchet Belt in stock.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Well I have finally trimmed the belt down to my liking; and wore it a bit. Very interesting mechanism for the buckle. I think I like it.

It does seem "cheap" in material, compared to the leather Bullhide steel insert gunbelt I was wearing though. maybe I just have to get used to it. It's not made of natural material, ie: leather, but rather a stiff plastic of sorts overlayed with a tight nylon weave.

It's a bitch to cut through initially for trimming down to size, until I discovered using a sharp but heavy knife on a kitchen cutting board.

So I shall wear it tomorrow all day.

Once concern that I do have, is the resilience of the nylon covering due to abrasion. I do abuse my belts while wearing them, crawling around
    prone sometimes on rough surfaces. I'm not sure how well it will hold up to this abrasion that my leather belts endure.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I do find it's easier to take a leak wearing the Nexbelt. No more fooling around with unthreading's and rethreading a traditional buckle. :thumbsup:

Simply loosen the belt and go through the throes of dealing with the fasteners on your front pants. Reverse that process and simply cinch the Nexbelt back to the required tension.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I do find it's easier to take a leak wearing the Nexbelt. No more fooling around with unthreading's and rethreading a traditional buckle. :thumbsup:

Simply loosen the belt and go through the throes of dealing with the fasteners on your front pants. Reverse that process and simply cinch the Nexbelt back to the required tension.
    I'm sure I'll regret this... but why do you need to take your belt off to pee? You were Army right? I could understand if you were Air Force and needed to sit down...:D

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Well I have finally trimmed the belt down to my liking; and wore it a bit. Very interesting mechanism for the buckle. I think I like it.

It does seem "cheap" in material, compared to the leather Bullhide steel insert gunbelt I was wearing though. maybe I just have to get used to it. It's not made of natural material, ie: leather, but rather a stiff plastic of sorts overlayed with a tight nylon weave.

It's a bitch to cut through initially for trimming down to size, until I discovered using a sharp but heavy knife on a kitchen cutting board.

So I shall wear it tomorrow all day.

Once concern that I do have, is the resilience of the nylon covering due to abrasion. I do abuse my belts while wearing them, crawling around
    prone sometimes on rough surfaces. I'm not sure how well it will hold up to this abrasion that my leather belts endure.

Curious to hear your updates on this belt. I have a Kore leather belt and like it quite a bit. I was considering getting a nylon belt for more casual wear, but you raise a good point about abrasion resistance.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Curious to hear your updates on this belt. I have a Kore leather belt and like it quite a bit. I was considering getting a nylon belt for more casual wear, but you raise a good point about abrasion resistance.

I’ve daily worn mine for over a year. I wear it hiking, shooting, to work every day. No significant wear.

I don’t take mine off/loosen it to pee.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I'm sure I'll regret this... but why do you need to take your belt off to pee? You were Army right? I could understand if you were Air Force and needed to sit down...:D

Ha! Maybe T.M.I. but I always have fully unbuckled when taking a leak. Just more comfortable doing so, than trying to hand wrangle the Big Johnson out into the open…

SandmanActual

Aug 6, 2022
    Maryland
    I have their EDC model and rock the buckle to the side. I also have a KORE belt and it is superior, considering the footprint of the buckle.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Oh man - I just traded in my 3 year old Wilderness Belt for one of these and the difference is night and day. I will never go back to the other one.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Oh man - I just traded in my 3 year old Wilderness Belt for one of these and the difference is night and day. I will never go back to the other one.
    Yep - the 1/4 adjustment intervals are the bee's f**king knees. No comparison in the 1" adjustment world.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I purchased two- the normal one and the leather one. Love them both. Saw them at Blaster's class at Welder's. They d not hurt my lower back, either like regular belts do. Weird. I have L4 nd L5 herniations.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I purchased two- the normal one and the leather one. Love them both. Saw them at Blaster's class at Welder's. They d not hurt my lower back, either like regular belts do. Weird. I have L4 nd L5 herniations.
    I'm going to buy some leather ones before the fall to go with my work clothes.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I have 3 nexbelts and I couldn't carry my brick if a pistol without them. I absolutely need the adjustability.

I haven't looked at their site recently. Are the leather belts mentioned above rated for EDC?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom