• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I don't know about that one, but my P250 easily converts to left-hand shooting. Swap the mag release (which is simple) et voilà. The slide release is already on both sides.

Thing is, I've gotten used to using the mag release with my middle finger (yeah, yeah), so I'm not going to swap it.

I know some smaller hand women who press the trigger with their middle fingers too.

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    I know some smaller hand women who press the trigger with their middle fingers too.

Yikes. Don't need to do that - I have pretty big hands for a woman, but short fingers. My little Beretta doesn't have a provision to swap the mag release, so I've gotten used to dropping the mag with the finger instead of my thumb. It's natural to me now, so it doesn't bother me on my 1911 or my Sig.

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    Congrats. I'm a somewhat new Sig owner as well (P226.) I love it! A part of me wants to pick up a P229 little brother (though thinking about a Glock too...)

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    nice, I am in the middle of a wait myself. Picked up a 226r .gov over run done up like the mk25 without the anchor.

buffalodan

Feb 3, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    I have a 229 E2 and love it. I have a few thousand rounds through it and only had one issue, well it wasn't me that had it I took my aunt shooting. It was a failure to eject but it ended up with the brass stuck in the barrel, I have no idea if she was doing something that helped cause it or what because my back was to her loading more mags. Still it's a great gun, very reliable accurate etc. And I too use it as my "bump in the night" weapon of choice.

So for those of you who have the 22lr conversion for it does it work well?

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks Mike, yeah i heard you have been down in the F word(Florida). We are planning a trip down there this summer.

Im a lefty and ive gotten used to right handed pistols. I use the middle finger for mag release, index finger for decock, and slingshot the slide.

It did have an issue its 2nd time out, the gf was shooting it and she didnt seem to have a tight grip. The ejecting piece of brass didnt completely leave the slide and the new round was loading. My 11 year old cousin did that with my fathers 226 before. They dont like limp wristing thats for sure. I guess its a reminder...you paid alot of money so hold on to it tight lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom