• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    Looks good to me. I would suspect back in the day a mix match of colors was not uncommon. Due to wear, loss, breakage, repairs, etc.

As for those grips, are they smooth like polished wood or do they have some texture in the pores for a little grip? If that makes sense.

They’re polished without a discernible texture to them. The polish feels nice and the swell to the heel is appreciated. Should feel nice in the hand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    They’re polished without a discernible texture to them. The polish feels nice and the swell to the heel is appreciated. Should feel nice in the hand!

Gotcha thanks. They seem a nice thickness. Most people seem to want super thin. I like some width. Looking to get a nice set for my .45 Flattop Blackhawk. It’s a new model as well so same frame as the New Vaquero.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Gotcha thanks. They seem a nice thickness. Most people seem to want super thin. I like some width. Looking to get a nice set for my .45 Flattop Blackhawk. It’s a new model as well so same frame as the New Vaquero.

Bear in mind, these are thinner as well. Take a zoom in that image. I have both placed together there.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Ok update -

The shop in Ohio finally got off its haunches and got my Vaquero in the mail. It’s due to arrive my way Thursday evening. I reckon I’ll swing by my shop Friday after work. It sure would be sweet if it came Thursday early enough for me to get there! Patience, grasshopper, patience.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I hope to grow and the gun with me as you describe! Also, of COURSE the rarest model would be the one I’d have the most affinity for. The lines on the 4 5/8’s can’t be beat. Now if I could figure an octagon barrel onto this sucker…haha shoot. Gun hasn’t even been shipped to me yet.

Feller is getting back from traveling for work tomorrow. His hope is to get it to the FFL tomorrow, if not, Thursday is the day!

If you don't mind a New Model, the 4 5/8" barrel gets a lot easier to find.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Ahhh I’m tracking now. Your response is to a response of mine. Gentleman informed the Old Model 4 5/8th .45’s are the hen’s teeth of the lot.

That old 3 screw model sold for under $1,000. I would have bought it but, other life priorities got in the way.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Well, Hell.

ATF is really putting a heaving strain on FFL’s down here. What typically is a cash and carry scenario is a 1 Day jail sentence.

Here is a teaser for tomorrow’s promo -

d51c070acb20eee1b69a9df2dfd0e18a.jpg

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Well the whole gang is here, now! Turns out my ole Boker Arbolito sheath matches everything nicely…that’s a damn hard working blade, I’ll tell you!

4d1f0f7a9d008e30af21395ea6a56f83.jpeg

90d7797cdd2902ac40335f97a323d6e7.jpeg

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Boker is a nice compliment to that Ruger. My dad had a Boker pocket knife. After he was killed, I carried it with me until the handles fell off. That knife would really hold an edge. Sadly, it disappeared many years ago. Have not found another one like it since.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Boker is a nice compliment to that Ruger. My dad had a Boker pocket knife. After he was killed, I carried it with me until the handles fell off. That knife would really hold an edge. Sadly, it disappeared many years ago. Have not found another one like it since.

I’m glad you got to live with dad in your pocket a little while longer they are well made tools to my experience!

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Ok well life had truly gotten in the way of range time. Finally got it to the range yesterday. It is HORRIBLY out of time. It would strike the horizontal edge of the casing (read : rimfire). At times after a “click” I could rotate the cylinder counter clockwise, one position, after the misfire. Sometimes I would “click” through all five cartridges, open the loading gate to verify, and maybe fire three of the five cylinders after. Zero degree of reliability and frankly had to wait ‘til this morning to post because of my frustration.

I don’t really want to go through the multiple transfer fee process in going back to Ruger, though I may.

Again, in the light of a new day I can say “Good”. Now I can learn something new.

Where to begin, where to start…any and all help is appreciated. Thanks, crew.

- Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom