• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I stopped by and saw my friend Matt at Saint Firearms in Essex this afternoon. He had just gotten in a bunch of very nice used guns and asked if I'd be interested in looking at a Belgian made Hi-Power that was in the lot. Hell yes I did! Long story short I'll be able to bring it home in a week. A Browning Hi Power has long been on my list of guns I want to get "one day". Today was the day! Can't wait to take it out and put a few through it. He always seems to come up with interesting guns down there. Thanks Matt!
    Hi Power.jpg

Last edited:

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Sweet! I have had several over the years, still have one. That particular variant is my favorite for shooting, instead of collecting.

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    This one is from 1972 from the C series; solid 98% bluing and all original. Was hard to not want to take it home myself...but can't get high on my own supply haha!

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I stopped by and saw my friend Matt at Saint Firearms in Essex this afternoon. He had just gotten in a bunch of very nice used guns and asked if I'd be interested in looking at a Belgian made Hi-Power that was in the lot. Hell yes I did! Long story short I'll be able to bring it home in a week. A Browning Hi Power has long been on my list of guns I want to get "one day". Today was the day! Can't wait to take it out and put a few through it. He always seems to come up with interesting guns down there. Thanks Matt! View attachment 374878

Good for you! A Belgian made HP is one of the finest pistols ever made and you got a beautiful one!!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Hi Powers are a joy to shoot. I like the models with the ring hammer, but that don't mean a thing.

The French made them install a mag safety for a big army order, after the design stage was complete, and it makes the trigger nasty. Then they decided to cancel the order, and we're been stuck with it forever.

Easy to remove, even for a fumble-fingered dolt like myself. Vast improvement.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Very Nice! I've added one of these to my list as well. How much something like that run?
    I'm not sure whether I want to get the hi-power or the high-power first.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    That's a very nice Hi-Power. I have an Argentinian model that was made under license and it shoots nice. The hardest thing I had to get used to was the magazine disconnect, which I later removed, but other than that, it is a nice pistol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom