• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I'm not sure why office work forces you into one of those two options, but for pocket carry maybe try something like the DeSantis Superfly.

It's like the usual textured pocket holster except that it has a square flap that attaches by velcro (so you can switch it right/left). The flap (fly) goes toward the outside of your pocket and covers the outline of the pistol, making it look like a square wallet or cellphone. View attachment 396046
    I have this and really like it for my summer carry when wearing cargo shorts. I put in my front right pocket. It's very concealable. I've practiced drawing dozens of times without a problem. The outside of the holster has some kind of stickyness to it so it causes the holster to stay in the pocket when you draw.

For an office environment where I couldn't carry on my waistband than I would probably go with ankle if I could wear baggy pants.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Haven't read the whole thread, is the office shirt and tie?

Can you do a Polo shirt and an own holster?

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I was being sarcastic about seeing if it was a good idea.

If the company has no rule and you are caught with a firearm you can bet they will have one in the very near future. They may still terminate you but you would a least have a legal case that it was not stated as company policy. But why would you want to risk getting fired unless your company allows you to carry a weapon?

Maybe the OP can shed some light on the size and type of company he works for?
    Sarcasm noted- just a raw topic for me as while I fully understand and support R2KBA I have to tote the company line when it comes to employment matters in my full time role. I’ve seen too many good people make stupid mistakes.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I carry a commander size RIA in mine, no problem. 7+1 .45 acp goodness. Also I'm a fat old white guy, not a slim trim youngster. That may or may not make a difference.
    Do you carry it above the waistband? Because that was my point. I never carried them "IWB" per se, because If I am relying on the pants to hold it up, I might as well carry IWB with a real holster.

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    #3 is an Ankle holster with several features that make me happy :-) Does not slip down once properly adjusted. Comfortable, even in tropical environment (well, as comfortable as anything can be...).

BearArms ankle holster.jpg

somoss

Silver Spring
    Feb 18, 2006
    #3 is an Ankle holster with several features that make me happy :-) Does not slip down once properly adjusted. Comfortable, even in tropical environment (well, as comfortable as anything can be...).

View attachment 396156
    That looks like it solve the issues I have with my current ankle holster. Current one rides down and digs into my ankle. This would let the gun ‘hang’

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That looks like it solve the issues I have with my current ankle holster. Current one rides down and digs into my ankle. This would let the gun ‘hang’
    Are parachute pants everyday wear at work?

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    I can carry my LCP and LC9 ,and on occasion glock 26 all in desantis pocket holster all day long in dress pants or jeans.
    You are going to be aware of guns weight at first but you’ll get used to it. Others will not notice as most people don’t look for a pocket pistol.

Practice drawing from a pocket holster then practice some more. as it takes a bit getting used to.
    Never Cary anything in same pocket with holster in it.
    Your pocket is now your holster.

Pocket carry is a great option if you need to be very discrete when iwb is not an option IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom