• ...and so much more!
  • texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    Seeing it as well, and logged in.

Maybe it's like the old MSI 'ad' on the previous site.

16296cd16f175e.png

IPs, all of them that want to get a rotating banner in the upper right. For IPs only. They were the first to send the ad.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Can anyone tell me what subscribed threads are now shown as? I had like 500 on the old version and that was really valuable to me
    I didn't see where this was answered. Did we lose all our subscribed threads from before? I was looking for and cannot find any of my old subscribed threads.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Did anyone else get a "site is being upgraded" message this morning?

I closed and reopened the window and it cleared up.
    I thought something happened. I cant use Safari today. Have to use another browser.

Get this message when trying to open in Safari......

Page could not be loaded​

The requested page could not be loaded.
    • Check your internet connection and try again.
    • Certain browser extensions, such as ad blockers, may block pages unexpectedly. Disable these and try again.
    • MD Gun Talk may be temporarily unavailable. Please check back later.
    Reload

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Since yesterday I’m getting peoples names on multiple lines with graphics in between. This is on an iPhone if it makes a difference.
    A86445BE-ED9E-4BA8-908F-52DA35C081EF.png

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Since yesterday I’m getting peoples names on multiple lines with graphics in between. This is on an iPhone if it makes a difference. View attachment 369637
    I noticed that as well. And it seems that the recent adjustment changed the users address/location setting to take over the login name area.
    In your screenshot the user has…
    “Millers, Md. and South Daytona Florida” which compresses the login name field to the left, causing the name field data to “stack” rather than show correctly.
    The next user’s location is “Baltimore City”
    Which is shorter and does not compress the field to the left.
    This compression of the name field by long entries in the location field, seems to be similar in all posts where the user with a long name lists a longer address/location.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    @Tomcat I use iPhone exclusively to surf this site and never noticed the formatting errors you posted. But… I use the safari browser at 85% font size and landscape mode.

i changed to 115% and turned to portrait mode and got this. not exactly the same as what you saw, but still confused the browser attempting to automatically adjust to the preference change.

BE8AF3CD-7E85-4854-8004-DF3877F4980D.png

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I tried posting a link to a item on Amazon and it kept boogering up post. It would leave a blank placeholder and no link.

I had to remove the HTTPS:// and surround the link with quotes for it to stick. It also added the "tag" to the end of the Amazon link. Not sure if that is/was by design.

Same thing with another Amazon link. It is wrapping the link with the MEDIA identifier. Might need to remove "Amazon Product" from Media types.

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    @Tomcat I use iPhone exclusively to surf this site and never noticed the formatting errors you posted. But… I use the safari browser at 85% font size and landscape mode.

i changed to 115% and turned to portrait mode and got this. not exactly the same as what you saw, but still confused the browser attempting to automatically adjust to the preference change.

View attachment 369687
    dev guy is back. I have this on top his list so stay tuned...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom