• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Hey all just recently moved to StMary's after retiring from the Navy. I'm a SAMI and NSW qualified weapons instructor. Looking for local places to shoot. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I'm getting conflicting info on weapons registration, some say I'm supposed to register others not...Without getting into too much detail.. what is the law...and what do some of you recommend.

Last edited:

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Welcome. The only thing you would have to register with MSP is any full auto firearms you own. Whatever else you own is your business. ;)

The only guns completely verboten are "assault pistols" like semiauto mac 10's and the like.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Welcome! You are in my neck of the woods. I'm prior Navy myself, and currently work as a contractor at NAS Pax.

As for places to shoot, you really should try to get a membership at Sanners Lake. It is on Great Mills Road, a couple of miles down from gate 2, and is the only place in the area. The next option would be up by Waldorf, which is an hour drive. I'm not sure if they have any membership spots open right now, but I would say mail your application and see what happens. I try to head over to Sanners about once a week since it is 5 minutes from my office, so if you'd like me to take you as a guest so that you can check out the facilities, just let me know. If you check out the website, they have lots of scheduled events (IDPA, 3-gun, etc.) that are open to the public.

http://www.sannerslake.us

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    Welcome to the area, this place tends to grow on you especially if you like the water.

As for places to shoot, you really should try to get a membership at Sanners Lake. It is on Great Mills Road, a couple of miles down from gate 2, and is the only place in the area. The next option would be up by Waldorf, which is an hour drive. I'm not sure if they have any membership spots open right now, but I would say mail your application and see what happens. I try to head over to Sanners about once a week since it is 5 minutes from my office, so if you'd like me to take you as a guest so that you can check out the facilities, just let me know.

http://www.sannerslake.us

just need my 2 sponsors :D

I need to sight in the scope on my new saiga

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom