• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Got a new scope for my Marlin 60. It's a Simmons 22MAG 4x32. I haven't shot it, but looking thru it across the basement it looks great. Didn't want to spend a fortune on a scope and for the price the Simmons is a really nice plinking scope from what I can see. Next upgrade is a steel trigger guard and trigger.

Attachments

• DSC01994.JPG
      DSC01994.JPG
      35.4 KB · Views: 117
    • DSC01996.JPG
      DSC01996.JPG
      37.9 KB · Views: 117

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Got a new scope for my Marlin 60. It's a Simmons 22MAG 4x32. I haven't shot it, but looking thru it across the basement it looks great. Didn't want to spend a fortune on a scope and for the price the Simmons is a really nice plinking scope from what I can see. Next upgrade is a steel trigger guard and trigger.

Have you been able to find someone who makes a steel trigger guard for those?

I own 2 model 60's. Like the guns alot, but my biggest pet peeve with those is the plastic trigger guards.

Ive had luck with Simmons on my Marlin 25MN. I have a Simmons Wideview, with a larger bell diameter (cant recall the bell size offhand). It sorta like looking at a widescreen movie, and does an excellent job of magnifying light, when the sun is setting. That gun/scope combo is primarly a hunting & pest gun.

The model 60 is a real fun plinkster!

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Nice. Fixed 4x is the way to go on a 60.

Forget about upgrading the plastic trigger guard and put all the money towards a better trigger assembly.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I've got three model 60's, and,.... Three Simmons "22 mags". Great scope for the money, nice and bright.

I will say, I really prefer the fixed version, the 3-9 just isn't as clear/user friendly.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    I, too, have a Simmons 22Mag 3-9 scope. Mine is on a Mossberg 640KA Chuckster in .22 Mag. Going to purchase another one for my Ruger 10/22.

Great scope. I think it's pretty clear. Not as clear as the Nikon Buckmaster I had on my .270, but it's also 1/3 the cost as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom