• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nicholas A.

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery county
    Do I need a Stamp for EACH purchase? Such as I buy a suppressor for a 45ACP hand gun, a suppressor for a 5.56 rifle, and a suppressor for a 9mm hand gun. Does that mean I need 3 different stamps, or do I just get one stamp and can buy a couple several suppressors with each paper work filled

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Do I need a Stamp for EACH purchase? Such as I buy a suppressor for a 45ACP hand gun, a suppressor for a 5.56 rifle, and a suppressor for a 9mm hand gun. Does that mean I need 3 different stamps, or do I just get one stamp and can buy a couple several suppressors with each paper work filled

Yep..one for each NFA item being purchased. Each "Stamp" (It really is a stamp too) is tied to the actual item.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Unless you E-File (at which point people complain it's not a physical stamp :rolleyes:).

I thought in e-filed, they still mailed out a hard copy when the stamp is on it? I thought it just was sending it in as an e-file. In Form 3s, I would understand not having a stamp but otherwise...

Not that I have seen a form 4 that has been efiled yet... Just seems an electronic stamp would really open up things to fraud...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If you buy the proper can, it can be utilized on multiple firearms, saving you a little money.

ie an AAC SDN6 could fit your 7.62. 300 BLK and your 5.56. You just buy the proper adapter for each barrel thread.

Same for pistols. Just need a different piston for each caliber / barrel thread.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I thought in e-filed, they still mailed out a hard copy when the stamp is on it? I thought it just was sending it in as an e-file. In Form 3s, I would understand not having a stamp but otherwise...

Not that I have seen a form 4 that has been efiled yet... Just seems an electronic stamp would really open up things to fraud...

Yes, you do get the original stamp.

Jim Smith

Have things changed? Originally, Form 1s that were approved via the EFile system were simply a translucent portion of the PDF emailed to the maker. Form 4s always had the hard copy stamps mailed back.

here is a post discussing the legality of non-tangible stamps http://blog.princelaw.com/2013/11/1...-electronic-eforms-legal-the-shocking-answer/

Nicholas A.

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery county
    Good to know, now would going for a NFA trust make life simpler in away or is it about the same thing as in length of time of waiting? I'll look into any cans that can work on both the 45 and 9mm and thank you for the heads up on the 7.62 and 5.56

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Right now, Trusts don't require LEO sign off. That saves several months. But BATFE is looking at changing the policy this June IIRC.

I didn't do a trust so I'm just stuck waiting on MSP for 2 cans right now.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Good to know, now would going for a NFA trust make life simpler in away or is it about the same thing as in length of time of waiting? I'll look into any cans that can work on both the 45 and 9mm and thank you for the heads up on the 7.62 and 5.56

Currently: no fingerprint cards, no CLEO signoff, no passport photos, can have multiple people possess the NFA firearm outside your presence, and the ability to E-File if your dealer participates. The CLEO can save a few months, and E-File over paper filing can save a few more months also.

I would say it's worth it (especially now), but I am completely biased.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Yes, you do get the original stamp.

Jim Smith

I never got a physical stamp and i was approved in mid-Jan...

Have things changed? Originally, Form 1s that were approved via the EFile system were simply a translucent portion of the PDF emailed to the maker. Form 4s always had the hard copy stamps mailed back.

here is a post discussing the legality of non-tangible stamps http://blog.princelaw.com/2013/11/1...-electronic-eforms-legal-the-shocking-answer/

Pretty much what i was going to say. All i got was a pdf for a Form 1 approval. Ill go read that link in a bit

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA

Not that I know of. I too have a Form 1 and Form 4 approved in January. I just got the PDF with the semi-transparent stamp, no physical stamp.

-Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom