• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    My LGS has had The Stainless Trapper 45-70 for the last month or 2,, seems like they get 1 at a time. They are selling for 1250.00

That is really piss poor of Buds,, Buds is one shop I will never do business with.
    They all get the Guns for the same price,, some like my LGS sell them for just below MSRP,, some douches like Buds take advantage of the shortage.
    $1250 seems reasonable, about just a little more than I was thinking, but suddenly $1250 ain’t so bad. :)

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I didn't. Had things to do that day and they're on the other end of the state from me.
    I am really looking for a Henry,, but PSG is about 5 miles from me.

I was at a Gun shop in PA a few weeks ago.
    They had a few Henry rifles (45, 44, 45-70, but all straight stocks) and a Marlin Trapper.
    I worked the levers on a few of the Henrys,, then the Marlin.
    The Marlin was not smooth like the Henrys, it had 2 distinct hangs in the travel of the lever.
    The guy showing me them warned me that the Marlins did not have the same action as the Henrys.

BUT I Love the Marlin Laminated stocks!!

Thepreparer

Jan 31, 2023
    Fort Meade
    I've seen 1250 mentioned, and while I think that is a little high but would still go for if I wanted it bad enough, the 1700$ i saw the 45/70 retail for yesterday at a large retailer is absolutely ridiculous for a standard production lever action of this quality.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    The Model 336 Classic was just released for those waiting for their first 30-30 model to become available. Blued with a walnut stock.

Sweet! Let’s hope Ruger has mastered putting the front sight on straight. I’ve passed on many Marlins, JM or otherwise with canted front sights.

Also, com on with the 1895 Cowboy please.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Sweet! Let’s hope Ruger has mastered putting the front sight on straight. I’ve passed on many Marlins, JM or otherwise with canted front sights.

Their finally getting round to the 1894s this spring according to their website. Curious as to which caliber(s) will be first out of the gate on that one. I've got a feeling that they're going so sell as many as they can make in .357. Personally, I'd like to see a .45 Colt offering, but not sure if the demand is there relative to other cartridges.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member

How about those crooked f/s's.
    I dont think I ever saw one that wasn't canted to one side.
    Left, if I remember correctly.
    I hope they describe what the bulleseye is in the new owners manuals too.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    My first Hunting rifle was a Marlin in 44 mag. It really sucks that I always had to squeeze a nickel to buy something else I wanted. Next thing you know, 10, 20, 30 years got by and I get to missing the original, car, gun, guitar or whatever I had and let go.

I know this is not the new Marlin stuff but I find this the good stuff. Such good stories.

jbridgely

Mar 28, 2023
    Westminster
    Will be interested to see what direction they move and their ability to keep quality standards high. I have some old Marlin rifles that I love and purchased a "Remlin" 1895 SBL. Out of the box I was not at all pleased and spent almost as much as for the initial rifle to make is smooth shooting and highly accurate. Hopefully Ruger will not make the same quality errors.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    This is something, I often wondered if one of my Ruger pistols had a crooked front sight.
    It was the radius to the bottom of the sight bed. Sometimes the parallel sides of the sight were canted a little left or right.
    You almost have to take the sight off to look at the underside to be able to tell.
    I never saw one that wasn't straight just that radius would be off very slightly.
    One time I sold a 444 Marlin. You know how they say never sell a gun, we'll thats just what I did. Talk about regret.
    But anyway it was to help by my first house and thats just what it was worth by me doing. Since then I've owned like five houses but never a 444 rifle like that one.
    Oh well, now I only have one house but two Marlin lever rifles that still go hunting so I guess I'm good with what that rifle did for me now that I think about it. My 35 has a MRT cheek pad on it thats worth more now than what I paid for the rifle I think. I put it on there so the boys could manage it better for when they started killing deer with it a long time ago for a make shift youth gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom