• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Yeah. I’m leaning towards the modular approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you decide to shoot the TPC, I might have to try getting a day off to come down and embarrass myself!

Modular works if you can manage it well. Biggest question is your market. If your market wants shorter classes, and greater flexibility, you will crush it. If your market would rather devote a day or two at one shot, different story. The classic, try both and see what fills consistently.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If you decide to shoot the TPC, I might have to try getting a day off to come down and embarrass myself!

Modular works if you can manage it well. Biggest question is your market. If your market wants shorter classes, and greater flexibility, you will crush it. If your market would rather devote a day or two at one shot, different story. The classic, try both and see what fills consistently.
    I think we are going to do the PPC at some point. That will most likely be our "qual" at the end. TPC although fun, isn't very practical for 99.9% of the population.
    Plus, we can shoot 10 people on the PPC. TPC is 1 at a time.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I think we are going to do the PPC at some point. That will most likely be our "qual" at the end. TPC although fun, isn't very practical for 99.9% of the population.
    Plus, we can shoot 10 people on the PPC. TPC is 1 at a time.
    Totally understand. I shoot PPC at my side job. Trying to get the bosses to let us do the TPC for a friendly competition. Your story about the CASLOs letting the top shooter take the trip is a good idea. Top gun drinks for free, gets some free ammo, whatever.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Totally understand. I shoot PPC at my side job. Trying to get the bosses to let us do the TPC for a friendly competition. Your story about the CASLOs letting the top shooter take the trip is a good idea. Top gun drinks for free, gets some free ammo, whatever.
    I doubt I could do it now, I dunno. It's been 20 years. I think I could tho.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I doubt I could do it now, I dunno. It's been 20 years. I think I could tho.
    I managed to shoot it (obviously not with my job on the line) after much practice using both a 1911 and a cz75. I worked at it HARD. Like multiple cases of ammo and coworkers all doing the same thing trying to be first to pass (I wasn't). I know damn well I won't "pass". I shoot handguns just enough to be ok anymore since I like rifles a lot better.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I managed to shoot it (obviously not with my job on the line) after much practice using both a 1911 and a cz75. I worked at it HARD. Like multiple cases of ammo and coworkers all doing the same thing trying to be first to pass (I wasn't). I know damn well I won't "pass". I shoot handguns just enough to be ok anymore since I like rifles a lot better.
    I was shooting it right after initial training. Thousands of rounds each week for 3 months, I was literally a shooting zombie. It was a nothing burger qual.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I was shooting it right after initial training. Thousands of rounds each week for 3 months, I was literally a shooting zombie. It was a nothing burger qual.
    Never had that happen! Even when I managed to score a "pass", with the par times being the toughest part, it was a b$tch. And I was using single action guns. The PPC is cake by comparison. Especially the par times. I can pass that with my glocks or company 229s (a gun I really don't care for).

I try to run a "5 in 3" (two to the pelvic girdle, two to the a zone, one to the headbox in three seconds or less starting both hands on the target from concealment) and a couple of "5 in 5 at 5" (from concealment, five to the a zone in five seconds at five yards) every couple of weeks. Definitely not where I need to be to pass the tpc.

Gun Commander

Industry Partner
    Jan 13, 2023
    Arnold, MD
    Ok, here’s the plan. We run the 1st course Monday, 2nd course Tuesday, then range for 2 hours on Wednesday covering all the skills taught. Following week run courses 3 and 4, then range for those skills. Cost is $200 per course and that covers range fees. And I’ll probably need 10 to make it happen. Once I get folks to verbally commit I’ll secure the range. This round will have to be at Cindy’s in Glen Burnie. After that I’ll get the links up on the website to register. Who’s in?!

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Ok, here’s the plan. We run the 1st course Monday, 2nd course Tuesday, then range for 2 hours on Wednesday covering all the skills taught. Following week run courses 3 and 4, then range for those skills. Cost is $200 per course and that covers range fees. And I’ll probably need 10 to make it happen. Once I get folks to verbally commit I’ll secure the range. This round will have to be at Cindy’s in Glen Burnie. After that I’ll get the links up on the website to register. Who’s in?!

I'm most likely in once dates and times are clarified. So is this about right?

4/17 - 6PM to ? - Course 1 - Location: Annapolis somewhere
    4/18 - 6PM to ? - Course 2 - Location: Annapolis somewhere
    4/19 - ??? to ??? - Range time at Cindy's: Meet there I assume?

4/24 - 6PM to ? - Course 3 - Location: Annapolis somewhere
    4/25 - 6PM to ? - Course 4 - Location: Annapolis somewhere
    4/26 - ??? to ??? - Range time at Cindy's: Meet there I assume?

Thanks.

Gun Commander

Industry Partner
    Jan 13, 2023
    Arnold, MD
    I'm most likely in once dates and times are clarified. So is this about right?

4/17 - 6PM to ? - Course 1 - Location: Annapolis somewhere
    4/18 - 6PM to ? - Course 2 - Location: Annapolis somewhere
    4/19 - ??? to ??? - Range time at Cindy's: Meet there I assume?

4/24 - 6PM to ? - Course 3 - Location: Annapolis somewhere
    4/25 - 6PM to ? - Course 4 - Location: Annapolis somewhere
    4/26 - ??? to ??? - Range time at Cindy's: Meet there I assume?

Thanks.

You got it. I’m going to try to get the range time from 6pm to 8pm.

Gun Commander

Industry Partner
    Jan 13, 2023
    Arnold, MD
    Hi everyone! Ok, I’m about to request the range time at Cindy’s in Glen Burnie on Wednesday 4/19. Not gonna lie, I’m a little nervous about renting the place for two hours without having some more verbal confirmation. Can we make this happen? Message me if you are able to commit to the first course, 4/17-18, with range on 4/19. All times are 6-8pm.

Gun Commander

Industry Partner
    Jan 13, 2023
    Arnold, MD
    Hi folks - seems like plenty of interest in this course but not as many signing up. I’m going to reduce the price to $125 for the classroom portion. We’ll schedule the range separately. I’m ready to run the first part of the course 4/17-18. Let me know who want in. Thanks!

Gun Commander

Industry Partner
    Jan 13, 2023
    Arnold, MD
    Ok, we’re canceling the classes next week due to range issues. We do have it all locked in for May. PSA 1 and 2 will be 5/16 - 17, at the Annapolis classroom, from 6-9pm. Range will be on Saturday 5/20, from 10am to 1pm at AAFG in Annapolis. Sign up is ready to go on the website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom