• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyberalex

MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2022
    Federalsburg, Maryland
    New to the forum. Just wanted to say whats up to everyone. I created an account a while back but never posted anything. I am absolutely stoked about Maryland now having to become SHALL ISSUE, but at the same time really bummed out about the ban on unserialized home builds. Does anyone think that this ban could be overturned due to the way Justice Thomas wote the NYSRPA vs Bruen opinion? Love this state, hate the politics
    Greetings from Federalsburg, Maryland. The Bruen decision requires that all courts, not just federal courts, ignore the public safety interest, and instead focus on whether or not a regulation in question violates the second amendment. I saw videos of lawyers arguing that within the 2-step framework, text, history, and tradition were still taken into consideration, but the problem was that the public safety interest outweighed the text, history, and tradition of the second amendment, making it irrelevant in today's society. Basically, unless if a law, ordinance, rule, etc. was directly involving firearms within your home or place of business, assuming that it's not considered a "sensitive place", which was introduced in the Heller decision, it would always be upheld. Now with the mere text, history, and tradition of the Second Amendment being taken into consideration, it is clear to me that there was no analogous law, ordinance, rule, etc. from the ratification of the Second Amendment or the Fourteenth Amendment that dealt with drawing a line on what is and what is not classified as a firearm in regard to the building process. In this case, the fight on 80% lowers, which the ATF and gun controllers have been arguing that they are responsible for the uptick in gun violence, but I have not seen any proof of such ridiculous claim. Where are the arrests on the mere illegal possession of a firearm frame or receiver, or a firearm without a serial number? All of the arrests that I see on the news are involving people with guns and drugs combined. We are not dealing with a gun issue, we are dealing with a societal issue, a mental health issue, and a gang and drug violence issue. Simple to fix. Make society a better place, stop antagonizing gun owners who go through mental health problems, which are not unique to them, as everyone else is susceptible to mental health issues, and hold criminals accountable.

Darthargel01

Aug 31, 2022
    Indianhead, MD
    New to the forum. Just wanted to say whats up to everyone. I created an account a while back but never posted anything. I am absolutely stoked about Maryland now having to become SHALL ISSUE, but at the same time really bummed out about the ban on unserialized home builds. Does anyone think that this ban could be overturned due to the way Justice Thomas wote the NYSRPA vs Bruen opinion? Love this state, hate the politics
    Welcome from Indianhead!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom