• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Looks like they are emphasizing closer range and speed.

60 rounds total for course.
    New target is the QIT-99:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CXMHSM6/ref=mw_dp_img?is=l&qid=1370016934&sr=8-1

Each round counts as one point
    Any hits inside the target area count
    You must draw from concealment for every string of shots
    Passing score for Agents is 48 out of 60
    Stage 1: 3 yard line

3 rounds in 3 seconds using your strong hand only
    3 rounds in 3 seconds using your strong hand only
    3 rounds using strong hand only, switch hands, 3 rounds using support hand only all in 8 seconds
    Total of 12 rounds for Stage 1

Stage 2: 5 yard line
    From here on out, all shooting is done with two hands
    3 rounds in 3 seconds
    3 rounds in 3 seconds
    3 rounds in 3 seconds
    3 rounds in 3 seconds
    Total of 12 rounds for Stage 2

Stage 3: 7 yard line

4 rounds in 4 seconds
    4 rounds in 4 seconds
    Have two magazines loaded with four rounds each. Fire four rounds, reload, fire another four rounds in 8 seconds.
    Total of 16 rounds for Stage 3

Stage 4: 15 yard line

3 rounds in 6 seconds
    3 rounds in 6 seconds
    4 rounds in 8 seconds
    Total of 10 rounds for Stage 4

Stage 5: 25 yard line
    This stage involves the use of a barricade/cover)
    Move to cover and fire 2 rounds standing, then 3 rounds kneeling all in 15 seconds
    Move to cover and fire 2 rounds standing, then 3 rounds kneeling all in 15 seconds
    Total of 10 rounds for Stage 5

I plan to shoot this soon. Looks better than many others.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I will have to order some targets and give it a try. Lets see how it stands up to the MSPHIQ course we shot on the 8th.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    A tip of the hat to the Course Designer .

Generate lots of positive press about new , improved , more relevant course of fire.

Design it with lots of very close rounds , and moderate time limits. 32 of those are total gimmies.

Overall scores go up , passing %'s go up. Pat selves on back , take bow for improved teaching. A definate win/win for them.

Kinda similar to our latest improved Q Course. Except our is using longer distances , and includes Mozambiques. And the kneeling stage is addition to the barricade string.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Too easy. :) The problem is, that this is most likely meant to be shot using turning targets on the times. BIG game changer for most. Majority of offices don't have the pleasure of a federal training center nearby where turning targets are available. When using the PAC timer, they are probably very forgiving as well.

Do you know if the barricade at 25 is one from right side and the other from left side? Doesn't make sense to do it twice from just one side because you never know what side you would be shooting from in a shoot out. Needs more support hand shooting and mag changes.

I posted our qual on your last post of the FBI qual course some months back iirc. The Bureau is getting a little better :)
    60 points. Easy. I'll shoot this with you somewhere when you do.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    A tip of the hat to the Course Designer .

Generate lots of positive press about new , improved , more relevant course of fire.

Design it with lots of very close rounds , and moderate time limits. 32 of those are total gimmies.

Overall scores go up , passing %'s go up. Pat selves on back , take bow for improved teaching. A definate win/win for them.

Kinda similar to our latest improved Q Course. Except our is using longer distances , and includes Mozambiques. And the kneeling stage is addition to the barricade string.
    My assessment, too. But, to be fair, if most shots are taking place at these ranges, they do make sense as the basic qual. It's not like all these agents are going straight to HRT.

Next time I get out to a range with turning targets (SEG?), I'll try running this one.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Is there a place that has courses like this for guys like us to use? THe range is nice, but I find this more practical training.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Is there a place that has courses like this for guys like us to use? THe range is nice, but I find this more practical training.

Tough to coordinate a small group to do these things. Could swing it out at my family place all the way out in flintstone. Plenty of shooting room. Impossible to do at public ranges.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Too easy. :) The problem is, that this is most likely meant to be shot using turning targets on the times. BIG game changer for most. Majority of offices don't have the pleasure of a federal training center nearby where turning targets are available. When using the PAC timer, they are probably very forgiving as well.

Do you know if the barricade at 25 is one from right side and the other from left side? Doesn't make sense to do it twice from just one side because you never know what side you would be shooting from in a shoot out. Needs more support hand shooting and mag changes.

I posted our qual on your last post of the FBI qual course some months back iirc. The Bureau is getting a little better :)

Blaster I have keys to a private indoor range in Waldorf and would enjoy shooting the quals. We don't have target turners but we do have barricades.

Let me know if you are interested.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I can get Q targets.

I searched for it but haven't been able to find the old post. Can you re-post the course of fire from your agency?

I'm currently checking the calendar to see when we can use the range. The plan is to offer up several dates to a small group of people. No more than 8. The range we will be using has 7 lanes and I find that when running something timed it is best to only use 4 of them. So 4 shooting and 4 working as RSO's one of which would be running the PAR Timer.

Blaster229 I'll Send you a PM to work out some details.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I searched for it but haven't been able to find the old post. Can you re-post the course of fire from your agency?

Ok, here goes....... all mags loaded with 6 rounds

1.5 yard line (6 rounds of ammo total)
    draw from holster 2 rds, 2 secs, bent elbow 3X's emergency reload

3 yard line (6 rounds total)
    draw from holster, 2 rds, 3 secs. 1X
    from high ready 2 rds, 2 secs. 2X's emergency reload

7 yard line - stage 1(12 rounds total)
    draw from holster, fire 1 round, 3 secs. 5 times
    draw from holster, fire 1 round, emergency reload, transfer pistol to weak hand only and fire 1 round all in 15 seconds. Then......

weak hand only, 1 rd, 3 secs.. 5 times, emergency reload

7 yard line (stage 2 )
    draw from holster, fire 2 rounds center mass, 1 round to head in 6 seconds.

draw from holster, fire 2 rounds center mass, 1 round to head, emergency reload then re engage target with 2 rounds center mass, 1 to the head in 15 seconds.

Maintain the weapon in strong hand only, 3 rounds in 5 seconds, emergency reload.

15 yard line (12 rounds)

draw from holster, fire 3 rounds in 7 seconds from a right side standing barricade position then take a knee behind cover.
    from kneeling, fire 3 rounds in 7 seconds. emergency reload.

Repeat above from left side barricade.

add 2 rounds to magazine that is in your weapon.

25 yard line ( 12 rounds )

draw from holster, fire 3 rounds in 10 seconds, right side standing barricade and stay aimed in.
    from aimed position, fire 2 rounds in 5 seconds, stay aimed in.
    from aimed position, fire 1 round in 3 seconds and perform a magazine EXCHANGE.

repeat from left side barricade standing position.

clear and make safe.

Our 60 round qual course done 4 times a year. I am right handed but I shoot the 15 and 25 left side volley barricade with my left hand.

300 points total score. passing is 255. I am usually 298/300. Enjoy!

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County

+1 on the field offices and no turning targets. We get clowns saying they shoot ridiculous scores for their skill level. Its because they are shooting at targets that won't edge and face.

Most of the shooting is up close which is realistic, but that's also as easy as pie too.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    +1 on the field offices and no turning targets. We get clowns saying they shoot ridiculous scores for their skill level. Its because they are shooting at targets that won't edge and face.

Most of the shooting is up close which is realistic, but that's also as easy as pie too.

Just amazing that shooting a qual 4 times a year combined with a seriously good amount of range days on training days, that most clowns can barely be consistent at 280 or higher. I think passing should be at least 270.

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va

We run our students through the Virginia LE 50 round qual course in our Defensive Handgun I class. The students really seem to enjoy seeing what their scores are in comparison to what Virginia LE is required to qualify with. If the courses are written well, the training can be very practical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom