• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I wonder if that's why they haven't been answering there phone all week? And hopefully they won't stick with the $125 FFL fee!!!!!
    I'm guessing given rents in safe neighborhoods they will charge $125. Maybe they will give some combo deals with training since they look to intend to do lots of other aspects short of retailing guns.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    I'm guessing given rents in safe neighborhoods they will charge $125. Maybe they will give some combo deals with training since they look to intend to do lots of other aspects short of retailing guns.

Hopefully they at least charge less for long guns. At 40 a piece they would evaporate the market of DC residents using VA FFLs for long guns. Which now that I think of it is probably smaller than the market that unknowingly used Sykes or MPD to transfer long guns. Oh well.

Still sad I didn’t take advantage of MPD’s 125 per transaction policy and roll out of 300 Indinana with 2 pistols and 3 long guns at the same time. I would have tipped them for helping me to the car.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Hopefully they at least charge less for long guns. At 40 a piece they would evaporate the market of DC residents using VA FFLs for long guns. Which now that I think of it is probably smaller than the market that unknowingly used Sykes or MPD to transfer long guns. Oh well.

Still sad I didn’t take advantage of MPD’s 125 per transaction policy and roll out of 300 Indinana with 2 pistols and 3 long guns at the same time. I would have tipped them for helping me to the car.

I am hearing they may negotiate on long guns. Smart move to avoid losing a lot of money on that area. Almost everyone I now who has gotten a long gun has had it shipped and chosen Virginia or Maryland FFL for ~$30 instead of Sykes. Adding $125 onto a $200 10/22 or pump gun from gunsamerica is a significant premium.

bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV
    I am hearing they may negotiate on long guns. Smart move to avoid losing a lot of money on that area. Almost everyone I now who has gotten a long gun has had it shipped and chosen Virginia or Maryland FFL for ~$30 instead of Sykes. Adding $125 onto a $200 10/22 or pump gun from gunsamerica is a significant premium.

Who in MD or VA have been used?
    And I see on there page $125 per firearm not per transaction, I hope its a misprint.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    And I see on there page $125 per firearm not per transaction, I hope its a misprint.

I used to use NOVA Firearns in McLean, but they have gone out of business.

I tend to transfer a few at a time if I can to avoid repeat trips to MPD, for this round I was going to give NOVA Armory a whirl or United Gun Shop. If only I can find the Marlin .45-70 I’m looking for.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    There are places in NoVa that transfers run as low as $20 normal and $10 specials, other places that when I was doing my rifles were $17 for first transaction and $5 each for any done at the same time.

If these new DC guys expect not to lose the rifle registrations like Charlie did, they got to be reasonable. There are $25 places in fairfax.

bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV
    There are places in NoVa that transfers run as low as $20 normal and $10 specials, other places that when I was doing my rifles were $17 for first transaction and $5 each for any done at the same time.

If these new DC guys expect not to lose the rifle registrations like Charlie did, they got to be reasonable. There are $25 places in fairfax.

Are these rumors or do you have actual names of places?

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Are these rumors or do you have actual names of places?

My notes from calling my last rifle last year: Quantico Tactical $17. Sugar skull was $20 at the time, now $25, will negotiate on multiple. Kitchen table $25 for one but decreases for multiple. Vienna arsenal is now $25, (23+2).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom