• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montigre

May 16, 2016
    Okay, got a little range time in with the new CZs purchased from 2 A Sales earlier this month, an urban grey suppressor-ready P0-1 Omega and a 75 Shadow Tac II from the CZ custom shop. I shot only about 40 rds through each as I was shooting at a rented range and not my home range, so did not want to go over an hour. :innocent0

I really enjoyed shooting both very much, but found the factory P0-1’s action to be much stiffer and it seemed a little bit more finicky with regard to grip placement than the Shadow. I assume the trigger stiffness of the P0-1 will smooth out with more rounds run through it and I will hold off on the prospect of getting a trigger job or changing out the springs until then. Another thing that did not fit me very well on the P0-1 was the slide release button. It is too far forward on the frame to allow me to activate it without changing my grip (unless I activate it with my off hand), but I think CZ custom makes an extended release button that can be substituted.

After a little zeroing, I found both guns were very accurate at their intended use distances using just the factory sights. I was able to achieve groups of 3” to 4” at 10 yards for the SD/HD P0-1 and 3.5” to 4.5+” at 25 yards for the future target Shadow. I am certain both groups will tighten up considerably with a little more time under my belt and as I become more accustomed to shooting these guns, but I am very pleased with the initial results. Recoil is minimal with about the same feel for both guns and is very easy to manage—no tendency to induce limp-wristing, or display barrel toss even with the much lighter P0-1, which was really surprising.

In all, I give both the P0-1 Omega and the 75 Shadow Tac II a resounding thumbs up for fit, finish, shootability, accuracy, and value.

I’d like to thank Mark, Tom and Seth at 2 A for assisting me with the selection of these guns. They are everything I was hoping for and then some!! :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom