• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    Hey Guys,

I’m thinking about getting one of the new Beretta’s like the 92x RDO, etc. However, I’m hearing that the TN models are suffering in the QC dept. Anyone hear this or have any experience with this?

Thanks !

K

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    I’ve got two 92 LTTs bought from Langdon tactical. Both made in TN. They are 92FS models.

The full size was perfect. The compact has a defect in the barrel where some material is missing on the outside. Likely a machining issue but purely cosmetic.

They both run like a top. I don’t have an older MD or Italian made one but the finish doesn’t seem as nice based on pics. Having said all of that, I would buy a 92x without hesitation. Go for the G model or convert it. Beretta still makes a great gun.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I have bought several TN made Beretta's. now I will say the finish isn't Accokeek perfect. all 4 shoot reliable. can't say that about my last 2 sig purchases.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Mechanically, the one from TN I have in the store is spot on. Finish wise, does appear to be a notch or two below the Accokeek models I also have in the rack - seems a touch thinner, see some of the tooling marks thru it - but it wasn't until I started really going over it that I noticed.

dwb1987

Mar 6, 2013
    Frederick County
    I have a TN made 92X RDO that I won from a raffle. Can't complain too much, but there was a very slight blem/tool mark on the side of the barrel, not bad enough to make me do anything about it. Only other thing is when I went to try and put a set of wilson combat grips on it, the trigger would not reset. The trigger bar dragged on the grips. Shortly there after I ended up buying/installing a langdon tactical trigger job in a bag. With the new trigger bar the issue went away. It has functioned 100%, and is one of fav guns to hit the range with.

The finish does not seem to instill alot of confidence though, Time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom