Nevada passes AB286, outlawing ghost guns, 80% lowers, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Or maybe some Nevada residents won’t comply with unconstitutional ********. We shall see.

It's for the children...
    635673165692630378-051515pop-tart-gun.jpg

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    The district court dismissed the case and denied FPC's motion to file an amended complaint.
    Here's the opinion: https://assets.nationbuilder.com/fi...60013/Palmer_v_Sisolak_Opinion.pdf?1648660013

Poorly argued cases are going to get dismissed. I saw no where in the complaint where they allege that they could not serialize the firearm nor did I see where they challenged how serializing the firearm actually provides public safety. It seems to be more about not wanting to serialize and you are likely to lose that case, which is what happened.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    When the crime rate plummets after this... Its Ghost guns.

If not?

Attachments

• I-Am-Not-Saying-It-Alien-Meme.jpg
      I-Am-Not-Saying-It-Alien-Meme.jpg
      25.9 KB · Views: 144

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    The ak guy had an interesting idea. He tasked his audience with creating a gun design that uses a common object as the receiver and then selling the parts kit. Basically, if you can easily turn a pipe or kitchen appliance into a gun with the parts kit, anyone in possession of those common items now are in violation of boo-pew laws. I think it's a brilliant approach.

it's been done already. Matrix precision did a jig where any steel pipe can be cut into a Ruger Mk pistol receiver. literally a jig for 0% receivers.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    The ak guy had an interesting idea. He tasked his audience with creating a gun design that uses a common object as the receiver and then selling the parts kit. Basically, if you can easily turn a pipe or kitchen appliance into a gun with the parts kit, anyone in possession of those common items now are in violation of boo-pew laws. I think it's a brilliant approach.
    Luty would raise his hand... if he could. Didn't even need to sell a "parts kit".

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I think I remember seeing a 0% jig for converting the appropriate size pipe into a Ruger Mark(I forget which generation) 22lr pistol.

I also remember the old famous AK 47 from a shovel build.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    it's been done already. Matrix precision did a jig where any steel pipe can be cut into a Ruger Mk pistol receiver. literally a jig for 0% receivers.
    I did not see your post but that is exactly what I was thinking of. Now that 3d printers are becoming wide spread and your can get small cnc machines which mill a 0% lower automatically I could see someone getting in trouble in the future for having the equipment.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Try Training Manual TM 31-210 Section 3 starting on page 96:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    From the enrolled text -

Haven't they been watching the AFT Follies with 80%s? The first question (after "unconstitutional") will be "how much is 'most'?" Is that based on time, complexity, material added/removed? And parroting Justice Potter Stewart, who said simply, “I know it when I see it” won't cut it (pun intended.)
    You could probably argue deactivated guns would be illegal under this law. Most with some machining can be reactivated.

Better not have any legally acquired deactivated guns.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    i think this is the correct case/thread. Nevada SC found against lower court. Sounds like the law is back.. I’ll defer to the lawyers here

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom