Needed: Factory 300 Blackout Case, help with measurments.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Donald1818

Aug 22, 2013
    Baltimore
    Hello fellow reloaders.

I am just starting to reload 300bo. and I was wondering if any of you fine fellows wouldn't mind parting with one factory 300BO casing.

I would like to have one as a standard for my trimming.

I am already having some difficulty in determining proper case length.
    I have a case gauge, but when i trim my used .556 brass down to 1.368 and insert it into the case gauge , it falls pretty shallow of the tolerance markings on the case gauge.

I can post some pix if needed.

I live in Baltimore if someone wanted to meet up.

Donald1818

Aug 22, 2013
    Baltimore
    After posting this, I went back to the reloading station and took the die apart and reset it.
    I must have done something wrong the first time because the reformed brass is now coming out perfectly. the case gauge is telling me the brass is formed correctly.

Thanks.

DocSavage

The Man of Bronze
    May 30, 2012
    Crofton
    Hey there...

An avid reloader of the mystery that is the 300BLK, I have found the below links to be helpful...

http://www.saami.org/pubresources/cc_drawings/Rifle/300%20AAC%20Blackout.pdf

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/251243/little-crow-gunworks-worlds-finest-trimmer-300-aac-blackout

Get GOOD calipers, not Harbor Freight quality - GOOD ONES! Digital are best, dont forget extra batteries. Got mine at the orange store - they've not failed me yet.

Enjoy your time with 300BLK - can be tricky, but it is very rewarding!

Cheers,

Doc

After posting this, I went back to the reloading station and took the die apart and reset it.
    I must have done something wrong the first time because the reformed brass is now coming out perfectly. the case gauge is telling me the brass is formed correctly.
    Are you trimming or cutting to 1.368 before forming the case? If so, give yourself a break and cut longer. Trim after forming. I cut my cases to about 1.390 or 1.400. I trim to 1.365.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom