• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту

goofy810

Jan 14, 2013
    I have been saying the same thing about Downtown Silver Spring. As far as brew pubs goes, you have basically nothing. There is teh Fire House Brewing, but I am fairly sure they dont brew their own, and it sucks. Rock Bottom is in bethesda, and you have Growlers in Gaithersburg.

We looked at how well the big craft beer bars like Frisco and others are doing and said we need production breweries in HoCo. We plan to sell all over MD and 100% in MoCo as I grow up there.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I dunno. I think it should be a race to brew the best beer, not be first. IMO- Of the local breweries- Flying Dog makes some excellent beers. Union Craft, Pub Dog, et al... notsomuch.

The ARTICLE made it seem like a race.

I say open the same day, not a race to be the first, and have a brew off.

terp91

Mar 14, 2013
    Halethorpe
    Both are good joints. EMBC being an old watering hole of mine. But when it comes to selection, Frisco dominates. The only other place that can compete would probably be Max's in Fells Point.

I love EMBC, and being able to walk there is awesome, never gotta worry bout the HoCo police sitting right off Main Street at the end of the night.

Agreed we are in no rush to open just to make good beer. BES Brewing is only going to put out beer that meets the highest standards.

Goofy, are you still looking for volunteers to help out? If so PM me, I'd love to help out just for the learning experience. I've worked at a liquor store for a few years now and been trying to get a job at a brewery with no luck so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom