• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Here's the deal. I have a 10/22 with a 16" fluted .920" Green Mtn. barrel with Williams fire sights. It's cool.

I have a Tech Sight rear sight. It's cool.

Now, problem is, with the Tech Sight rear sight and the Fire Sight front sight, I'm shooting high..not cool. So, I need some sort of riser for the front sight. I bought one from Williams, but it's a standard type riser for dovetail sights. The Fire Sight front sight on the barrel is the screw on type, like you would see on a heavy barrel Ruger MkII/III pistol so a normal dovetail riser no workie.

Suggestions?

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    http://www.tech-sights.com/

They make a muzzle adapter, for their front sight post, that is .920 ID check and see if this will work for you.
    Go to the 10-22 page and scroll about halfway down. The adapter is $15 and the front sight assembly is $22

Hmmmm..I really don't like the idea of their adaptor and how it's essentially glued on. Does anyone have one? I wonder, if it covers enough of the barrel that I could drill a hole in it and use the hole from the existing front sight to attach it (instead of glue). Then I could just install a HiViz AR post.

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    http://www.williamsgunsight.com/gunsights/rifle.htm

scroll down to the second section. They list screw on front sights of various heights for various barrel diameters.

I Just got off the phone with them. None of those will fit a .920" barrel and they're all too short. I may have to pursue the tech site front adaptor.

Just found out the Fire Sight screw hole is 1 5/16" from the muzzle....no go on the screw idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom