• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Need right side rocker replaced on my 2005 crew cab chevy. I think the place I had do the left side is no longer in biz. anyone have any recommendations on a place to do the job in/around the mt airy/frederick area?

I was gonna try to tackle it myself but fear it's beyond my skillset.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    contacted Mike's auto body, they are not doing rust repair at this time. I was told it was going to be difficult to find someone willing to fix this, seems like they were right. sigh, my search continues.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Not in your specified location, but I have been very pleased with Leading Edge Auto Body. They're in north Baltimore, 5807 Falls Rd in Mt Washington. Pretty easy to get to, from I-695 to I-83 south, Northern Parkway east to Falls Rd north.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Skips Auto recommended RF body works on East street in frederick when my dad wanted to get a wheel arch replaced on his 95 f-150. Its a real old school shop. I think they did a good job and even though it's two tone paint you can tell anything was done.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Skips Auto recommended RF body works on East street in frederick when my dad wanted to get a wheel arch replaced on his 95 f-150. Its a real old school shop. I think they did a good job and even though it's two tone paint you can tell anything was done.
    thanks, will give them a call. at $6/gallon for diesel, trying to let my fingers do the walking instead of driving all around !

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    Get the replacement part call a welder and get them to weld it on. Then take it and have it painted or rattle can it. Id offer but my welding skills are not at that level yet to make something look nice. They hold my frame together but they are uglier than Joe and the hoe combined

eabiker1

Jun 9, 2022
    Frederick, MD
    I've used RF body works several times over the years, and they've done a decent job at a fair price. I even had them weld in a new frame section in my old Wrangler, and it turned out fine

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads