• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    It looks like I'm going to have a few hours to kill on Monday, and was wondering where a shop or two is in the area that's likely to have C&Rs to look at. I'd just as soon avoid downtown, unless there's someplace really special there. Any recommendations?

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    It looks like I'm going to have a few hours to kill on Monday, and was wondering where a shop or two is in the area that's likely to have C&Rs to look at. I'd just as soon avoid downtown, unless there's someplace really special there. Any recommendations?

Go over to Northwest Pawn on Pennsylvania Ave. The ambiance alone is worth the trip.

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    Go over to Northwest Pawn on Pennsylvania Ave. The ambiance alone is worth the trip.

I was there a few years back. The guy will take you upstairs if you ask to see their inventory of firearms. I was very excited at first when I saw dozens of long guns lined up in a cage, but then winced at the poor condition they had been kept in. Almost every single one had surface corrosion, and were just in poor condition. Their pricing (asking "Very Good" pricing for "Fair" to "Poor" condition firearms) and attitude towards negotiating ("we can always go higher") left me leaving empty handed. It is worth the one stop for the experience.

mgbill

Apr 19, 2007
    Mount Airy, MD

Christian Soldier Guns in Parkville (I think) is worth a visit. Each time I've been in, there's always been something interesting in C&R category.

Brad

Mar 20, 2013
    Glen Arm
    The guys who run Christian Soldier in parkville are nice guys and have some cool stuff but they are never open. They have very awkward hours and when you call you always get a message saying to call back tuesday and then you call back tuesday and you get the same message. Great guys and easy to deal with but getting in the store is like finding a unicorn.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    The guys who run Christian Soldier in parkville are nice guys and have some cool stuff but they are never open. They have very awkward hours and when you call you always get a message saying to call back tuesday and then you call back tuesday and you get the same message. Great guys and easy to deal with but getting in the store is like finding a unicorn.

Or, he could mosey on down the street to Just Guns and have a really tacticool experience.

Jun 22, 2011
    Westminster

What is it with gun shops and wierd hours? I liked to spend lunchtime on payday at Duffy's Guns, but the last two (three?) times I visited they were locked up. During posted business hours, no less. I cannot name one gun shop in MD that is open for at least 8 hours a day, 6 days a week.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Pimp! I work near there (well, in Columbia) and never heard of them. Will have to check out the Arisakas and K98s.

It's a good place. They were one of the first to release after seven days. I'm in Ellicott City just off 29 and make lunch trips there whenever I can.

So, Mach, how did the trips go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom