• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JollyPedro

Aug 15, 2022
    St Mary's County
    Green Top, in Ashland VA is one of the best outdoor/gun stores I've ever been to! Its bit of a drive for most here, but not bad if you're in SOMD.

Naptown52

Dec 16, 2013
    FWIW Big Dog Outfitters in VA is about 9 miles south once you cross the Harry Nice bridge.

Spaceballs

Sep 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    From Shrewsbury to Harrisburg Pennsylvania and back is 84 miles. If you saved any money on magazines, you’ve spent more than that on gas.
    Make that up in volume.

The last I checked The Gun Bunker they wanted $22 for a standard 30 rnd Magpul mag. That is a $10 mark up.

If you drive to Harrisburg getting 30mpg that costs about $10. If you buy 2 mags you come out ahead. If you buy 10 you are way ahead.

If you were going to Hersheypark's Halloween events or something in the area anyway then the added costs isn't even on the magazines. It's gas money you were going to spend anyway.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Ya'll need to sit down, grab a beer, and watch "Fight Club",,
    And take notes this time.

wb3jma

Nov 15, 2020
    Belcamp, MD Harford County
    Stock up at the Nation's Gun Show in Chantilly VA (Dulles). Pity you missed it this past weekend; it'll be back in mid-November.

There's a show upcoming in York PA Oct 29-30.

Nice thing about gun shows is variety; downside is you have to wait for them, then drive there. If you're desperate, merely cross the border into America; the People's Republic is bordered on all sides by America.

Don't tell them you're from Maryland; most won't care, some will sympathise, and a few asshats will refuse to sell them to you because BGOS.
    Not a bad idea!

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    From SoMD we do an annual road trip south and hit up Big Dog and Green Top in VA down RT 301.

Usually hit up the Nations Gun Show in Chantilly about once a year as well. Next one is 18, 19 & 20 Nov 22.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    From SoMD we do an annual road trip south and hit up Big Dog and Green Top in VA down RT 301.

Usually hit up the Nations Gun Show in Chantilly about once a year as well. Next one is 18, 19 & 20 Nov 22.

And on your way to Green Top , you drive past Big Dogs in King George , and industry partner DK Firearms in Bowling Green . If you're going on the road trip to Green Top , no reason to not make the Trifecta .

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    And on your way to Green Top , you drive past Big Dogs in King George , and industry partner DK Firearms in Bowling Green . If you're going on the road trip to Green Top , no reason to not make the Trifecta .
    As I said, Big Dog is our first stop on the way down, I did not know about DK though, thanks.

When I taught at NSWC Dahlgren, I would stop at Big Dog about every trip down that way. I think I have enough AR, Glock and Mini-14 mags to last me a couple of lifetimes.....lol

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    If you belong to MSI, you can volunteer to serve at their table in these shows. You get in free, sometimes you get a discount for being a "dealer," and if you volunteer for 4 shows in a year you're dues-free. Plenty of opportunity to shop depending on which part of the show you're working.

Spread the word, get cool stuff, chat with sympathetic people (Oh, you're from Maryland? That's so sad!) and see more interesting gun stuff than you'll find in any dozen gun shops.

etc1006

Nov 19, 2014
    SW Balto County
    Had some sent to a friend in PA from gunmagwarehouse. They even called me to verify it was me sending them to her. Told the nice lady they were a "gift" for my friend(Used a privacy.com card too). We met up at a cookout this past weekend and my extended freedom seed holders came home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom