Chantilly, VA 20153

Hours:
    Friday: 3:00 PM - 8:00 PM
    Saturday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
    Sunday: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Admission:
    Friday Pass: $13.00 | 3 Day Pass: $23.00 | Adults: $17.00
    Teens (12-17): $9.00 | Children under 12: FREE

Join the NRA at the show - get FREE admission and a discount on membership, a hat and a magazine subscription
    Join VCDL at the show - get in FREE

Official site:
    https://www.thenationsgunshow.com/

$1 off coupon:
    https://www.thenationsgunshow.com/coupon.html

Last edited:

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    How many members will attend and carry w/their permit recognizing their newfound freedom from SCOTUS?

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    How many members will attend and carry w/their permit recognizing their newfound freedom from SCOTUS?

It's VA, so I'm not sure how that's relevant.

If you have a VA permit, you could carry before... if not you could open carry, within limits, and all of that still applies.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I believe VA recognizes MD permits

Thanks for the clarification. I actually checked one of the various online maps, but it showed VA in yellow. After looking closer it does recognize it, with the restriction of the permitholder being over 21.

I still don't see the big deal about carrying at a gun show, it's probably one of the places you are least likely to need it.

Carry or not, whether it happens to be at a gun show isn't relevant to me.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Please remember that the gun show policy requires all firearms be unloaded and inspected at the doors.

DO NOT BRING LOADED GUNS
    INTO THE BUILDING

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    talk about the height of hypocrisy.

It's stupid, but it's there because of stupid people. Same reason you see warnings like 'For external use only' on products no rational people would put inside their body.

I have no doubt there are people out there who have gone to shows and pulled out their loaded carry firearm and tried it in holsters, compared the size/grip/trigger pull with that of a prospective purchase, etc.

the good news is they really don't check, so concealed is concealed.

Eruby's favorite bird?

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    It's stupid, but it's there because of stupid people. Same reason you see warnings like 'For external use only' on products no rational people would put inside their body.

I have no doubt there are people out there who have gone to shows and pulled out their loaded carry firearm and tried it in holsters, compared the size/grip/trigger pull with that of a prospective purchase, etc.

Eruby's favorite bird?
    Problem is the gun grabbers are arguing the same point as the gun show folks. The sensitive area fight is real and last we need is the folks we support to pull the same stupid argument to deny CCW or wear and carry.

As someone else already said it’s hypocrisy.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Problem is the gun grabbers are arguing the same point as the gun show folks. The sensitive area fight is real and last we need is the folks we support to pull the same stupid argument to deny CCW or wear and carry.

Don't overlook the last line in the post you quoted.

Does signage in VA have the force of law, or do you have to be told to leave like MD and many other states?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    from handgunlaw.us for virginia:

Do “No Gun Signs” Have the Force of Law?
    “NO”
    “No Firearm” signs in Virginia have no force of law unless they are posted on property that is specifically
    mentioned in State Law as being off limits to those with a Permit/License to Carry. If you are in a place not
    specifically mentioned in the law that is posted and they ask you to leave, you must leave. If you refuse to leave then you are breaking the law and can be charged. Even if the property is not posted and you are asked to leave you must leave.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland

Agreed-- total hypocrisy but I get it. And interestingly enough any number of MDS members (let's say on different thread not involving a gun show) would chime in and say (mockingly) "policy? F-policy...it doesn't carry the force of law so I'm carrying anyway"..."concealed means concealed"... and "I don't have to answer questions from somebody who asks me if I'm carrying" ...."shall not be infringed" ... I find it interesting---

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Does it count if we attend with another permit ?
    Not really in this case Bigfoot44--- I really , was just wondering if, upon having their new permit, some members might feel more emboldened to do something they might have only considered in the past, but regularly dismissed, in the past.

Sage954

Oct 8, 2019
    I’m guessing the no loaded gun policy is an insurance issue for the nations show or property owner.

Chaim

Aug 10, 2008
    Columbia
    Definitely going to need to go to the Sept. 30 to Oct. 2 weekend. I just bought a new carry gun (SIG P365) to go with my (soon to be) new MD carry permit and I'm going to want to pick up some 12 round mags and maybe some 15 round mags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom