National Association for Gun Rights (HAGR)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nikon

Jan 24, 2013
    Anyone have any experience with this organization?

I get emails from them a couple times a week painting a "sky is falling" picture asking for money. I'd like to support them as most of their message resonates with me, but don't know anything about them. Don't want to throw my $$'s into that hat if I can add to the contributions of another organization that is actually doing something at the national level.

johnb007

Jul 6, 2011
    I'm a member. They are more grass roots oriented than NRA (also a member) and don't give money to Harry Reid!

They are pretty good and are always working petitions at the gun shows.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge
    I get emails from them. The one thing I tire of from them is the same rhetoric about Obama getting ready to sign the U.N gun treaty that was voted down like two months ago. They do seem to be gaining members at a steady pace. I have seen their stickers on a few cars in the area

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I get emails from them. The one thing I tire of from them is the same rhetoric about Obama getting ready to sign the U.N gun treaty that was voted down like two months ago. They do seem to be gaining members at a steady pace. I have seen their stickers on a few cars in the area

The NRA and SAF have also used this tactic. What NAGR did though is totally distort the National Reciprocity bill proposed in 2012(and which passed the House), and trashed the NRA at the same time.

Nikon

Jan 24, 2013
    Yeah, I've noticed they seem to "chicken little" a bit. Get's my BS meter jumping.

@johnb007, have you seen anything as a member that would indicate your donation has gone the way you'd expect? For example, can they point to legislation they lobbied in DC or individual legislators they petition?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom