• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitty Whit

Mar 20, 2013
    Just recently started going to Myrtle Grove and was just curious has anybody been there with the guy with the umbrella who doesn't really shoot a lot, but loves to pick up brass.

So what's the range etiquette at this place? I collect my brass and I know some people don't but what's the correct way to pick up brass, especially if it's not yours to begin with.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Tell him you want your brass and to leave it alone. Did he also have a rape whistle?

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I pick up as much brass as I can mine as well as others. What I do is simple. I ask the shooters around me if they want the brass and if they mind if I pick it up. I normally only ask the few tables around me.
    I have had others start to pick up my brass and brass that has been given to me. I just say that it is mine and have not had any issues yet.
    I have also shared brass with others that want the brass that I can't use.

PeePeeMcGee

Jun 24, 2013
    NOVA
    Youre supposed to ask if people mind if you pick up their used brass.

On a separate note, when I was there, the guy with the umbrella was shooting the hell out of his AK-47--he definitely wasnt just spectating.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Tell him you want your brass and to leave it alone. Did he also have a rape whistle?

We have all met------------------ and his rape whistle. He is the unofficial guardian of Myrtle Grove. Usually sets up his tactical umbrella on table 1.

" everyone has eyes and ears? You dont have to wear ears if you are a democrat"

Watch your women........:D

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    Youre supposed to ask if people mind if you pick up their used brass.

On a separate note, when I was there, the guy with the umbrella was shooting the hell out of his AK-47--he definitely wasnt just spectating.

That guy was arriving as I was leaving my last time out. Is he the rape whistle guy?

Whitty Whit

Mar 20, 2013
    He didn't have a whistle the two times I have seen him there but he definitely is the unofficial guardian.

Cover your brass.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Im not sure but I dont think so... he didnt use any such whistle while I was there.

If he wasn't shooting .22 revolvers and didn't have like 8 targets on 1 stand, then that wasn't Yogi.

Yogi is unmistakable. Older gent, smokes cigars, makes off-color jokes, harasses any female shooter worth a 2nd look. You'll know Yogi when you see him.

If you don't see him, you'll hear him first.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    a lot of people have umbrellas down there I even have one I set up from time to time, Mine isnt as fancy as most.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    Just recently started going to Myrtle Grove and was just curious has anybody been there with the guy with the umbrella who doesn't really shoot a lot, but loves to pick up brass.

So what's the range etiquette at this place? I collect my brass and I know some people don't but what's the correct way to pick up brass, especially if it's not yours to begin with.

I was at the range last Wednesday for the first time in about 10 years. Place hasn't changed much. I did not run into Henry, but had a great time checking out my new SCAR 16; even let a fellow shooter pop off a few rounds. This gentelman and his party had an umbrela and was collecting brass, but he was not Henry and he asked before picking up my brass. I wound up giving him the brass in my bag also as I don't reload .223, just collect it and give it away or trade it for .45, .38/.357, 30/06, and .308 brass.

Range etiquette for brass collection at most any public range; ask the shooter or, collect after the range is closed or the shooter has left. I always ask period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom