• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    md DNR just posted a reply to me on their Facebook page saying myrtle grove will be closed indefinitely due to the fire. I did ask them if they mean never to reopen or closed for a extended time.

this is the only public shooting range in southern md and a virtual part of our shooting and hunting communit. Hunters will not have a place to sight in their guns meaning missed or worse wounded animals or people not hunting at all. It will also stop people with w&c permits from practicing that could mean if so should have to shoot for self defense they have higher chance of missing and killing innocent person.
    we need to start blowing up their phone and facebook page to ensure they will not permanently closed down the range.
    since this is an important part of the W&C process, if they do decide to permanently close the range hopefully msi will get involved and file law suit to prevent them from closing

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Screen shots from their Facebook pages

Attachments

• 0965853C-7D98-49E1-9571-DA2DC6050DC7.jpeg
      0965853C-7D98-49E1-9571-DA2DC6050DC7.jpeg
      135 KB · Views: 137
    • 507709D8-AD28-48B3-AA94-ADC4DF0D8D48.jpeg
      507709D8-AD28-48B3-AA94-ADC4DF0D8D48.jpeg
      162.8 KB · Views: 135

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    They are doing the best thsy can we cannot control dirt bags.
    It might not have been a “dirt bag” that started the fire, could have been a total accident or could have even been something like a shard of glass refracting the sun light on the dead leaves and acting like a magnifying glass. I have not seen the report for the cause yet and i doubt it will come out Since no formal investigation was conducted.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I hope this is the case. I know that they have been trying to shut the range down for long time and they could use this as an excuse.
    I doubt they are doing the best they can, it shouldnt take long time to replace the few sections of wood on the baffle, second as long as it isnt dangerous they could just close the one lane down and leave the rest open or put a temporary section of wood up there for the few weeks until they close for deer season and then do the repairs properly. hell if they asked for volunteers to help get it back up i am sure they would get quite a bit of help fixing it And have it back up in a day or two.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    It might not have been a “dirt bag” that started the fire, could have been a total accident or could have even been something like a shard of glass refracting the sun light on the dead leaves and acting like a magnifying glass. I have not seen the report for the cause yet and i doubt it will come out Since no formal investigation was conducted.
    Yup and the fox may have caught the rabbit if it did not stop to take a dump too. Do you have inside info no investigation has been conducted?

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I figured I would brave Myrtle Grove tomorrow morning since the weather is going to be bad. I have 2 muzzle loaders to check zero on.

I have not been in a couple of years,, anything I need to know? bring?
    Do they have target stands?

KP Shooter

Le Flâneur
    Dec 1, 2009
    Long Island/ MoCo
    I figured I would brave Myrtle Grove tomorrow morning since the weather is going to be bad. I have 2 muzzle loaders to check zero on.

I have not been in a couple of years,, anything I need to know? bring?
    Do they have target stands?
    I assume it is still closed. Pre-fire they had stands with clothes pins to hang targets. Bring $5 in cash

Muff Hucka

Jul 9, 2022
    Under your bed
    Thanks,,
    I guess MG is my only option.
    Calvert County is hell bent on never having a range.
    Sanner's Lake (currently in the Lexington Park area) has land in Calvert. The intent is to move there in the not too terribly distant future (vague way to say I don't have a timetable for the move). It's a paid membership but it's not unreasonably priced. They open up to new members in August. You can go to https://www.sannerslake.org/Join-Us to learn how to get on the wait list.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Sanner's Lake (currently in the Lexington Park area) has land in Calvert. The intent is to move there in the not too terribly distant future (vague way to say I don't have a timetable for the move). It's a paid membership but it's not unreasonably priced. They open up to new members in August. You can go to https://www.sannerslake.org/Join-Us to learn how to get on the wait list.
    My understanding is they are still in the planning phase for the Calvert property. In other words they do not have approval from the county yet. (this is 3rd hand news/rumor).
    Never under estimate the will of the Calvert planning/zoning to squash any gun range.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    How much is the membership?

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Every county needs at least one public range.
    Every county in the state does have a gun range (public or private w/public access)
    EXCEPT Calvert.
    I have seen 5-10 proposed ranges in the last 20 years,, but somehow, someway, Calvert manages to squash them.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    I did go to MG yesterday in the rain, I was the only one there.

So in the months long remodeling of MG,, they could not put a simple cover over the shooting positions?? There is nothing the .gov has ever done that is not done 10,000 times better than private business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom