My Wife and 9mm PCC Search (INITIATED HY HER)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    When I hear budget, I tend to think $1k for the gun and $1k for accessories and magazines. That’s the main reason I suggested something Glock Mag compatible. Especially since the shit hitting the fan scenario, you’re going to want to carry as minimum as possible for travel. Having a primary and sidearm that take the same round and magazine seems like a no brainer to me so you’re not fumbling to make sure you’re pulling the correct magazine. Mines a JRC carbine, but I’m considering getting a charger and a gen 2 vector that will be more truck gun/bug out because of being smaller.

Hey brother! Sorry, I think I used the word budget in terms of, there kind is one, don’t go too nuts.
    She began freelancing in her field this year and she is tenacious. She basically said “I want a 9mm and I want it to be the only one I’ll need”. The initial thought was CMMG, logically. AR based controls etc. But when I brought up the AP5-P, and I didn’t sell it hard, she was all in. The extra little “get 1500 rounds, too”….man it brings a tear to your eye. I knew when I took her to Loch Raven Skeet and Trap as our first date, it was gonna work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aeubank2

Jan 30, 2022
    If budget allows, the Sig MPX is really hard to beat these days. Very soft recoil impulse and solid factory trigger.

My buddy has one with easily 20k rounds through it with minimal care and only periodic cleaning.
    I second this - Sig MPX is the way to go.

philmadxx

Jul 16, 2013
    My wife has bestowed upon me a holy mission. She has told me to find her a 9mm PCC AND set it up accordingly. God bless America and God bless American WOMEN.

I am pushing for her to consider CMMG first. I have a friend that works at PSA down here (I live in Charleston). I have a line out to him as a lower price end option.

She’s serious on weapon confidence. Price is a consideration to a point. Let’s see how she digests this link I sent to her with some info -

- Brent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JP GMR-15. Always goes bang, never any issues. Others mentioned are good, but....

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Dan at Baltimore's Best Pawn (Maryland Elite Firearms) posted that he has a Sig MPX in 9mm in the shop. Just saying!

Dan is an IP on MDS and a great guy.

Cal68

Sigfan77

My dog loves his Sig, too
    Feb 8, 2017
    Fredneck, PRM
    The MPX stock trigger is a Timney trigger. Unsure if that is what they were using but I'd bet it was.

I am prob the furthest thing from a Sig fanboy that you can get. I hate them in so many ways but I would be lying if I said the MPX wasn't exceptionally good.
    Yeah, I never understood those guys who are "all into Sigs" :innocent6:

hpbyhermann

Mar 10, 2009
    Edgewater MD

Attachments

• 18D544C6-A731-470B-BA35-92ABB1C39F20.jpeg
      18D544C6-A731-470B-BA35-92ABB1C39F20.jpeg
      65.5 KB · Views: 50

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads