• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Apparently a Sig 229 Enhanced Elite is not a Sig 229 for the purpose of the roster. Apparently by changing the grip and putting the word "Elite" on a slide after 229 makes it a different handgun.

So now my 229 gets held up until March for it to hit the roster.

I wont have time until after January but I do plan on putting some energy into looking into the roster board and if my research confirms my suspicions then I'll draft up a nice little package to give my delegate. I suspect the amount of firearms that do no make the roster is amazingly small considering the amount of time and waste that is put into the program.

The gun is the functional equivilant of a gun on the board. It's made by the same company is the same model however Sig putting "Elite" on the slide apparently makes it a different gun.

Nothing like having just short of a grand tied up into a gun that I wont be able to get until, at the earliest, March.

Luigi

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 4, 2010
    Some will say its purpose is safety, but I think it's just there to infringe on the 2nd amendment :shrug:

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    man that whole list thing is just insane. i grew up in Maryland and just happened to move to Virginia after college but i sure am glad i did.

i wonder if anyone has actually met with the governor or delegates or the like and reviewed the dumb laws (thick barrel = ok, thin barrel = bad; can't buy 30 rounders in MD but can buy them in other states and bring back; etc) and how they don't negate crime and criminals.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    man that whole list thing is just insane. i grew up in Maryland and just happened to move to Virginia after college but i sure am glad i did.

i wonder if anyone has actually met with the governor or delegates or the like and reviewed the dumb laws (thick barrel = ok, thin barrel = bad; can't buy 30 rounders in MD but can buy them in other states and bring back; etc) and how they don't negate crime and criminals.

The issue is that the folks who passed these laws, Glendening and before, actually wanted to ban gun ownership. I may be naive but I think now we have stemmed that tide and with the Heller decision and several others we are at least in a neutral rather than retreating position. There are still some legislators who do not care, they think we are the enemy.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I was gawking at the new S&W Model 460V (5" Barrel) on the S&W site last night, and then hopped on the Roster list, and noticed no Model 460V, but the 8" and longer Barrel models XVR have been on the Roster just as "XVR," since they've been out for a long while.

Would someone really need to submit the shorter barrel revolver, even though it's the same exact thing as the 8" barrel ones? One example is the .500 is listed on the roster obviously. S&W doesn't have any additional model numbers for the different .500 configurations. It's just .500. Get what I'm saying?

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    You can request a firearm be reviewed without actually sending it in. Due to the fact the Sig you are referring to is only slightly cosmetically different then one already approved there is at last a fair chance it may be approved sight unseen. I contacted the review board regarding having a colt new agent in DAO reviewed. The women I spoke with said I could submit the petition only but due to the fact the DAO is mechanically different from the other approved models it would be likely the board would want a sample. Call the MSP ask for the number to contact the review board. Submitting the petition only will only cost you the price of postage.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Varies by transferee, some look at the base model some look at every item or just a difference in stocking number. I have gotten into a couple debates on this with dealers for guns that were 100% identical except for finish due to stocking number (e.g., 1000 to 1000-A)

They dont call it Marylandistan for nothing.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    One word...

Standing. Are you an SAF member?

Here is the thing. MD's roster just delays a person's ability to buy a handgun. It is not like NY's permit system, where one must justify why you want to own a handgun or MD's carry permit system, that again requires ambiguous justification.

If MD only allowed a small number of handguns to get approved or be available for sale a SAF suit would make sense. I think CA's system of handgun approval would be easier to fight since they require a significant financial investment from the gun's maker or importer and they must pay to keep the gun approved after the initial approval expires.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    UPDATE:

Apparently since the board only had 4 handguns to review at the January meeting they decided that wasnt enough and did not have a meeting.

Next meeting is scheduled in Febuary......hopefully they deem the amount of handguns they have them to be worthy of a meeting.

If it does get seen in Febuary and approved looking at a May delivery date by the time it waits on the "appeals" process.

Keeping my fingers crossed I pick this thing up before any stupid legislation about "hi cap" magazines come out.

MPDickerson101

MPDickerson101
    Jan 30, 2012
    Gotham City (Baltimore)
    RE: "Apparently since the board only had 4 handguns to review at the January meeting..."

Any idea what 4 handguns they intended to review? I've been hoping they would add the FNH FNX .45 Tactical for the longest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom