My new 1911A1. Got some questions for you guys.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackalope

Oh crap I've been doing it all wrong!

images

LMAO! NOT! Thanks for the pic I may be able to get back to the range tomorrow and see if I've improved any after reading the tips and article and seeing your pic.

Jackalope

If anyone who is familiar with the 1911 is free and wouldn't mind taking a look at or even test firing mine please let me know so I know if I have a problem with it or if its just me. Thanks guys for all your help so far.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    If anyone who is familiar with the 1911 is free and wouldn't mind taking a look at or even test firing mine please let me know so I know if I have a problem with it or if its just me. Thanks guys for all your help so far.

I'm not overly familiar with 1911s but I am looking at a RIA myself so I would love to shoot yours. Not sure if that gives you a whole lot of help though. I'm a decent enough shot though.

Howe

Howe
    Apr 27, 2010
    exMD
    I have a RIA two tone tact model, and same thing, I am all over the place, just as bad as buck shot pattern....

I thought it was the gun in the first place, RIA is great but no super on details. I went thru the 1k round break in period and dehorn the trigger. I am doing "better" now, but still no as good as my smaller caliber pistols. For me, the problem was primary on the shooter. I mostly shoot 9mm, and once a while I would do CDP and that's what I get. Lack of practice. If I took my time and remind myself all the fundamentals, then it comes back to me with better results.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Nice meeting you today. Glad we could tighten your group up and make your pistol more accurate ;) you shot great!

Sent from my phone from somewhere in the world.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    you should start charging people! :lol2: second on in a week aint it?
    With members from here, yes.
    I feel bad enough with them paying the range time. I really appreciate it tho and have a blast. I have a shit ton of experience and like to pass it on. I wouldn't mind having a few people once and having at it somewhere.
    Tough to do a quick block of instruction inside a booth.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    With members from here, yes.
    I feel bad enough with them paying the range time. I really appreciate it tho and have a blast. I have a shit ton of experience and like to pass it on. I wouldn't mind having a few people once and having at it somewhere.
    Tough to do a quick block of instruction inside a booth.

just ribbing you a bit.. you're ok on my book. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jackalope

Deff great meeting you man and thank you for all your help! If you ever need help with your truck I used to be an ASE cert master tech and may be able to save you some money on brake jobs and such.

I'll see about getting the trigger worked on as you suggested. Also my wife wants to know if you could help her out with her shooting too, we'll buy you lunch if you like.

As to anyone else if you want to try out my 1911 just PM me and we'll work something out.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Deff great meeting you man and thank you for all your help! If you ever need help with your truck I used to be an ASE cert master tech and may be able to save you some money on brake jobs and such.

I'll see about getting the trigger worked on as you suggested.

Chad at Scotts will make that trigger smoother. We will hit the range again. Meanwhile just dream"front sight n smooth trigger". Keep reciting it ;)

Sent from my phone from somewhere in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Imetthevarmit

Latest threads

Top Bottom