• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BPSballistics

Aug 11, 2012
    Glen burnie
    Promised yellosled I would post pics of the polish Mosin I acquired a few weeks ago so i took some updated pictures of my others as well. Top is a Russian Tula 91/30. middle is a Chinese Type 53. The bottom is a Polish M44 All matching numbers.

5nks9c.jpg

Polish mosin
    2ch8ci.jpg

10zpjyr.jpg

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Don't you freaking do anything to that polish Mosin. Don't polish anything. Don't sand anything, and don't refinish anything!

Btw, sweet freakin polish m44!

BPSballistics

Aug 11, 2012
    Glen burnie
    Don't you freaking do anything to that polish Mosin. Don't polish anything. Don't sand anything, and don't refinish anything!

Btw, sweet freakin polish m44!

LOL trust me the shape that polish is in I would saw my own hand off before i touch her. i dont even plan on shooting it.

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    Well I would shoot it, life is way too short to have this stuff lying in the back of a safe, when you are worm food and your kids sell your collection off for beer money it just won't matter.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    LOL, I'd shoot it too but that's me.
    Those look totally awesome shape. Are all those original condition and not refinished? I did not know a T53 came in any color other than brown crud. that must have been an exciting find.
    Seeing these nice mosins make me want to hunt to buy some better ones and sell 2 of the junky ones I have :)

BPSballistics

Aug 11, 2012
    Glen burnie
    Those look totally awesome shape. Are all those original condition and not refinished? I did not know a T53 came in any color other than brown crud. that must have been an exciting find.
    Seeing these nice mosins make me want to hunt to buy some better ones and sell 2 of the junky ones I have :)

I refinished the Russian and Chinese because they weren't as pretty as I like but hey that's me I live once. the polish mos in is untouched

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Promised yellosled I would post pics of the polish Mosin I acquired a few weeks ago so i took some updated pictures of my others as well. Top is a Russian Tula 91/30. middle is a Chinese Type 53. The bottom is a Polish M44 All matching numbers.

5nks9c.jpg

Polish mosin
    2ch8ci.jpg

10zpjyr.jpg

BPS- Very nice Polish M44. That's about as nice as they come and the all matching examples in that condition are worth a pretty penny in today's market.

I actually have a beautiful refurb T53 that's in about the same condition as the Polish carbine BPS pictured above. It's really the only one I've ever seen in that condition-which is why I purchased it. I haven't ID'ed the wood the stock is made from yet, but I can't say I've put much effort into it either. I purchased it about five years ago and I don't know if it's been out of the safe since...
    I'm still looking for an all matching T53 with a beat up stock as that is more indicative of the condition you find today.
    Melnic-Don't hate the, "junky" ones. They just have more character than the pretty refurbs ;)

BPSballistics

Aug 11, 2012
    Glen burnie
    BPS- Very nice Polish M44. That's about as nice as they come and the all matching examples in that condition are worth a pretty penny in today's market.

I actually have a beautiful refurb T53 that's in about the same condition as the Polish carbine BPS pictured above. It's really the only one I've ever seen in that condition-which is why I purchased it. I haven't ID'ed the wood the stock is made from yet, but I can't say I've put much effort into it either. I purchased it about five years ago and I don't know if it's been out of the safe since...
    I'm still looking for an all matching T53 with a beat up stock as that is more indicative of the condition you find today.
    Melnic-Don't hate the, "junky" ones. They just have more character than the pretty refurbs ;)

Yup your are correct the beat up ones are just signs that bad boy was put to use. Nothing wrong with a beat Mosin at all as long as its safe to use. i just pretty mine up because thats me and my personality. just like my Chinese SKS was beat to hell i prettied her up really good. Some people like the character some people like making them look well. I know for a fact that my polish Mosin wont be touched just because its all matching and in great shape anyways. and supposedly polish mosins are a tad on the rare side.

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    I know for a fact that my polish Mosin wont be touched just because its all matching and in great shape anyways. and supposedly polish mosins are a tad on the rare side.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Polish M44 Mosins are on the rare side, but the vast majority of them that I have seen pictures of look just like yours, completely mint. That is why I did a double take when another board member here showed up with one that looked like it had actual use. Last year I bought a 1946 Soviet M44 completely mint and original parts matching, was going to stick that away but have since decided I would rather use it. Bottom line is that ownership brings with it the ability to decide whether to stow it, use it, bubba it or anything else that makes you happy.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    honestly firing it now and then, as long as you dont mess it up will not hurt the value.

these arent guns that can be said are unfired, so while i understand the desire to kee things as nice as you got them, i feel like i want to shoot everything at least once.

though i have not fired most of my guns simply cause i dont get out to the range often enough lol.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I will hang this in my gun safe, for the next owner of my beloved firearms:

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      29.8 KB · Views: 197

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics