• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    im no desk top lawyer but i believe the last i checked, the law says it is illegal to hunt, doesnt say anything about practice or discharge of a bow. also check to see if you are in the 50 yard law. 150 yards from occ. dwellings in most places but some are 50 now i think.

Those are hunting specs. Target shooting is presumed to have a safe backstop to prevent any strays leaving your property.(If any do leave your property prepare for enormous legal issues) again your county,town,community may have it's own rules. As long as your neighbors are ok with it you should be ok with bow or airguns. The only change to byf43's recomendation would be to make it portable so your HOA does'nt ding you for a permanent "eyesore".

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    Get at least two (2) hay bales and stack them on the plywood 'shelf', towards the back edge.
    Using a 'strap' (from Home Depot or Lowe's) put the strap (or rope!) around the hay (or straw) bales and 'cinch them down' to the plywood!!!
    You want them TIGHTLY packed.

Now, go to the local archery shop and get either a "Block" or a "Murrell's Bag".
    Place that on the 'shelf' in front of the hay (or straw) bales.

Most compound bows today tear right through hay bales. I've never had luck with packing them tight enough to have them grab the arrow, although if you get them tight enough they can slow the arrow down.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Most compound bows today tear right through hay bales. I've never had luck with packing them tight enough to have them grab the arrow, although if you get them tight enough they can slow the arrow down.

Precisely!

The hay/straw bales won't be a backstop, but, it will slow down the arrow, significantly.

He could put a piece (or two) of plywood behind the hay/straw to slow/stop the arrow, IF he's not that confident of his shots.

The intent is to show anyone that MAY 'say something' to him, that he's trying to be a good/safe neighbor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom