• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ASTC

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    The MD Small Arms Range is offering a Multi-Jurisdiction concealed carry permit class for D.C., MD & VA CCP's. The cost of the class is $300.00 and includes the use of a firearm and 50 rounds of ammunition. An approved fingerprint vendor will be onsite for those who wish to be fingerprinted. Information & registration can be found at: www.msar.com

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The MD Small Arms Range is offering a Multi-Jurisdiction concealed carry permit class for D.C., MD & VA CCP's. The cost of the class is $300.00 and includes the use of a firearm and 50 rounds of ammunition. An approved fingerprint vendor will be onsite for those who wish to be fingerprinted. Information & registration can be found at: www.msar.com
    Your link doesn't seem to have a way to access training. Lots of merch is all I could find.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I took this class with Mo, He did a great job covering the material and taught the course by the book. The fact that you get DC,MD and VA credentials is a plus.

ASTC

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    What about if you only need just the DC part? I have my Utah and MD Permit. I took a class from Mo to get my Utah permit which I also use in DE and VA, plus my MD permit is good in VA as well.

DC training is good for two (2) years. If it has been more than 2 years since you took the class, you would have to take it again. I regret to be the bearer of bad news.

ASTC

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    I am sure that many of you know this, but I just want to remind you that fees for MD Wear & Carry and HQL's will increase starting Oct. 1, 2023. If you have taken the training and have delayed submitting your application, you can save some money by submitting your applications before that date.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    What about if you only need just the DC part? I have my Utah and MD Permit. I took a class from Mo to get my Utah permit which I also use in DE and VA, plus my MD permit is good in VA as well.

I was told that my MD W&C class was no good in DC; I'd need another 16 hr class, because my MD instructor was not DC-certified. (This was apparently not the case before Bruen).

Sadly, I'd already paid for and taken the 2 hr DC law class.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    That is what I need the whole class for just DC. Do you have a seperate class just for DC or do I have to take the MD,DC and VA together?
    I think you can get the whole batch on one 16 hour chunk.

If you already have a MD permit, AND if it was taught by a DC-certified instructor, you could probably make do with a 2 hr DC law class, and shooting the 50 round DC range course. Depends on the instructor, of course.

I'm pondering finding an instructor who could do a combined course; I'd like a DC permit, but already have MD. I'm thinking Mrs Bob might be convinced to get herself a permit, but due ti the effects of the stroke she suffered 10 yrs ago, I doubt she could endure qn 8-hr stretch; it would be too tiring for her. So if I can find someone who would do the course in 4 4-hr chunks, it could be doable.

I bet there are a number of people who would find that appealing, especially as the torrent of applications has diminished. There's a lot of folks out there who could find the less concentrated course to be just what the doctor ordered, and a number of instructors who could find the idea appealing as well. Perhaps.

ASTC

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    I was told that my MD W&C class was no good in DC; I'd need another 16 hr class, because my MD instructor was not DC-certified. (This was apparently not the case before Bruen).

Sadly, I'd already paid for and taken the 2 hr DC law class.
    Yes, you are correct. The MD W & C permit is not good in DC. Since your MD instructor was not DC-certified, you will need the 16-hour class which includes the DC Laws portion of the training. A bright spot, if any, is that if you take our class we can give you a MD training certificate, that is valid for 2 years, that you can use to renew your MD permit, if it expires in the next 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom