• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    From an IP phone conversation.
    I have learned MSP is losing financial documents, and making accounts delinquent prior to the July 1st Maryland Licensed Regulated Firearms Dealer renewal.
    What this means is that regulated firearms dealers and sales of regulated firearms may cease to exist in the state of Maryland.
    Why this is important.
    -No handgun sales
    -Possible confiscation due to transactions occurring between "unlicensed dealers" and the buyer. If a transaction is submitted June 27th and the regulated wait period falls after the July 1st renewal date the transaction cannot be LEGALLY completed.
    MSP is also refusing to adhere to tenets of the law as written (big suprise right?) and is also calling owners from blocked numbers that cannot be reached (ie: directed to voicemail, or other answering prerecorded messages.

The IP in question should be along to answer any technical details.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I'm guessing they won't allow a dealer to go straight to them to complete all the necessary paperwork in person.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I'm guessing they won't allow a dealer to go straight to them to complete all the necessary paperwork in person.

You can take care of this on the 5th Thursday of every month, at sunrise, in Rising Sun, with a cashier's check issued in the preceding 15 minutes.

I would be very interested in the origin of this, and whether it's another game they're playing or just screwed-up internal processes. And, if the former, who made the decision.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    You can take care of this on the 5th Thursday of every month, at sunrise, in Rising Sun, with a cashier's check issued in the preceding 15 minutes.

I would be very interested in the origin of this, and whether it's another game they're playing or just screwed-up internal processes. And, if the former, who made the decision.

going with this for now. Much of their IT hardware is about the age of Atari.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It's amazing the little details one must learn when shooting goes from just a hobby to something greater...

Yikes.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    That is no surprise,we have been told to contact the barracks seargent that handles the msp tow list in our county only by email because they Dont have time for voicemails,well still waiting on return email from two weeks ago and 10, miles away

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom