MSP transfer, release after 7 days? Temporary loan?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olzkool

Feb 20, 2009
    Baltimore
    A few hypothetical questions here. Just for conversations sake. This has been covered at nauseum for gun shop purchases but I have seen no mention of private sales. If you sell a regulated firearm to a friend, go to MSP and fill out the proper transfer paperwork, and wait your 7 days, can you release the firearm on the 8th day? Or do you have to wait for the not disapproved? Is there any precedent for this? I was going to call MSP tomorrow, but figured I was on here tonight so I would pose the questions on the board.

OR.... since it is perfectly legal to loan a regulated firearm to another individual, can it be "loaned" legally until the not disapproved comes back?

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    My FFL needs to start doing sales face to face at the police barracks. Going on 65 days now.

DieHard4192

Jan 16, 2013
    Charles County
    If you sell a regulated firearm to a friend, go to MSP and fill out the proper transfer paperwork, and wait your 7 days, can you release the firearm on the 8th day?

This is correct. I did a regulated transfer through the classifieds here on MDS last month and did exactly this. On the 8th day I picked up my new (to me) Glock 17. Started the paperwork on 4/5 and still haven't gotten it back yet even though private sales are suppose to get pushed through the process quicker.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Its for this reason alone why i want to trade my AR for another rifle private party. I dont have time to play msp's games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom