MSP Got one... Instructor caught cutting corners, permits invalidated.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    Yes yes, we get that the law is unconstitutional, however I'm not going to keep twiddling my thumbs (even though I have donated to MSI) and wait to exercise my right. I'll play their stupid games for now and try to donate when I can (thanks to bidenomics even getting food at the grocery is a bit tough) to try to remove it for the future.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Maryland lost Beretta, and all the jobs that went with it, due to the False Security Act of 2013
    Don't worry those jobs will be replaced with an endless horde of bureaucrats, H.R. drones, diversity commissars, irs agents, and other professional managers as D.C. expands ever outwards.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes yes, we get that the law is unconstitutional, however I'm not going to keep twiddling my thumbs (even though I have donated to MSI) and wait to exercise my right. I'll play their stupid games for now and try to donate when I can (thanks to bidenomics even getting food at the grocery is a bit tough) to try to remove it for the future.

I get it . The Biggfoot family is being delayed on W&C by the economic burden , not the philosophical .

But , while I'm dealing with the $$ , I'm thinking about my line in the sand . Specifically , If I'd accept even a free HQL .

Ssblugsr

Feb 25, 2019
    Had Trump packed up all the .gov agencies and spread them out around the country, this would have been very doable.
    While I think trump was good for the 2A community, i.e. his Supreme Court picks made bruen possible. On the flip side he had the AFT go after bumpstocks. So I wouldn’t give him an A+, but definitely better then the current donkey in there now.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    This had been going on for some time. I was one of the 1st Instructors doing HQL & W & C. After about a year a new instructor started "Teaching" "Selling" classes like 4.5 hrs for a W & C class. A complaint was filed and MSP called the complainant and nothing was done about it as he continued on. He was having 15-20 students per W & C and were cutting times on all. He did a HQL in about and hour for an I dividual one afternoon. It's about time somebody was held accountable. As far as the 16 hr requirement I think it is needed as everyone can use a refresher no matter how good you are. And the requirement for prior service military being exempt from training is not a good idea. Most veterans never shot a pistol as their weapon used was a M-16. Big difference wouldn't you say. I advised all prior service they were exempt and offered the class free to them. About 40% took advantage of the class. Again as far as training being a requirement, I had a friend ( as well as others)that only shot his carry firearm on his initial class and every three years. I suspect this is a common event for a lot of individuals as we are all to busy these days and practice is on the back burner.
    This is what I despise in the 2A community.

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    I get it . The Biggfoot family is being delayed on W&C by the economic burden , not the philosophical .

But , while I'm dealing with the $$ , I'm thinking about my line in the sand . Specifically , If I'd accept even a free HQL .
    I railed against the unconstitutional HQL too, but finally broke down and got one because I wanted to add to my collection. It actually expires this year, so the W&C will give me a new HQL whenever they finally approve it

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I railed against the unconstitutional HQL too, but finally broke down and got one because I wanted to add to my collection. It actually expires this year, so the W&C will give me a new HQL whenever they finally approve it
    Your HQL should be good for another year at least. They didn't go into effect until 10/1/2013 and they're good for 10 years. Unless I missed something??

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Your HQL should be good for another year at least. They didn't go into effect until 10/1/2013 and they're good for 10 years. Unless I missed something??

*****Yea, me and a couple of the RSO's I teach with were one of the first to get the HQL back in 2013 - we went to get fingerprinted, etc.. the first day, I was like #379 by the time I got mine. They are valid for 10 years as shown below. The originals had pics of you (well, me in this case..) It's not a great pic of me as the pic was taken before shaving that morning as I was in a hurry to get to my Crossfit class. Dunno if I ever mentioned I do Crossfit.

(I do Crossfit)

:thumbsup:

maxme.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom