• ...and so much more!
  • Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I'm gonna use mine to wipe my aZZ :-)

I would love to be a fly on the wall for this Zoom meeting.
    Knock yourself out, the link to the zoom meeting is in this email newsletter

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    The HQL is not going away until MSI wins the lawsuit. Now, the state may decide to moot the suit and not fight it in light of Bruen. The writing is on the wall in big giant "shall not be infringed mf'r" block letters. But given that they have not even come out with a statement on W&C, it looks like they want to send a big fat check to MSI.
    Like I've mentioned upthread and elsewhere, Frosh may try to drag the legal process out until his retirement at the end of the year, leaving the huge pile of dung for his successor to clean up and start cutting checks.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Apparently once you have a w&c, you just request a hql and it's sent to you for free based on carry credentials.

While we are both aware of that, she doesn't want to pay for the HQL just to purchase a handgun, if she wont be able to get her W&C because of some BS Frosh pulls.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    For the moment, I'm telling my son to hold off - there's no sense spending money and jumping through hoops if he doesn't have to. As for mine, when I re-joined the National Guard after a 10-year break, my Military ID card superseded the need to have an HQL. Soon that ID card will turn into a retiree ID card, and that will also supersede it - there's no reason for me to ever renew it. (which is beside the point that in 5 years I sincerely hope to no longer be residing in this state.)
    get your ccl , the hql is included for free !

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    Frankly, I don't care into which part of his anatomy it's inserted as long as he's strapped to a gurney, and there's a room full of witnesses on the other side of the window getting ready to pop champagne corks!
    too true !

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Result 1-Frosh is an assbag

Result 2-MSP is terrified to blink without assbag's approval.

Result 3-"No soup for you!"
    I can't believe I'm defending MSP LD, but here I am. MD law makes the AG's legal guidance binding on the rest of the State government. It's not that MDSP won't act except on his guidance, it's if they acted against his guidance they'd be operating outside their legal authority as state employees. And right now that guidance is to "continue operating under previous SOPs until I say to do something else".

This entire problem comes down to a single individual ideologue that MGA has empowered with far too much authority with no effective oversight. Keep in mind that the AG does not report to the Governor, by statute. Hopefully the 4CA will provide that adult supervision that MGA has failed to provide for.

Last edited:

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Allen65-It was not meant as an insult to MSP, more a statement of fact. Perhaps I should have used the word "won't" or "cannot" instead of "terrfied to".

It absolutely was meant as an insult to the AG though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom