• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Prefacing answers to questions from the floor with a repetition of the question is an excellent strategy, since the original questioner is not miked. Some speakers, even at the microphone, are very soft-spoken, I've noticed.

If these meetings are recorded, providing access to the sound portion (at least) on the MSI website, or even MDS, would be a boon. Even more useful would be a written summary, or even transcript, of the meeting's pertinent points.

Posting this information on a public site like MDS would help spread the word of MSI's actions, keep the community in the loop, and encourage increased participation in the process of recovering and retaining our 2A rights. As it is now, no one outside the immediate circle knows what has been presented, or what MSI intends to do going forward.

Of course, if there's proprietary content, that could easily be left out of a transcript.

I'm told that there exists programs that turn speech into written words; that would be helpful to anyone preparing a transcript, thou a bit of editing would doubtless be necessary.

. . . just a few thoughts from someone unable to attend the meetings.

The meetings are not recorded
    Speaking as regular ol' Art3, I like the idea of recording the meetings and having them available to members. I cannot speak on behalf of MSI on that. There may be reasons why that shouldn't happen (beyond the technical challenges of it being able to happen). Honestly, I just don't know.

So...looking forward...maybe? :shrug:

ETA: I was just informed that meetings will not be recorded, for a variety of reasons (privacy of members in part), such as not wanting the D-manding Moms from accessing, altering, and using it for their nefarious purposes. So...that's that. Show up if you can, or Zoom (and keep the Zoom link private).

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    :lol: I get that, but if he would say it more directly into the microphone, I would take any pronunciation...
    Yep.

Brilliant guy, but so soft-spoken that the pearls of wisdom evaporate before they can reach the auditor.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Agree...makes one wonder for sure.

I was very disappointed to hear those numbers. 30k+ MDS members and 3800 MSI... shameful.
    I was wrong. It's less than 3800 for MSI. :sad20: I'm sure it was said at the beginning of the meeting (when I was still fussing with equipment listening for volume and not content), but I THINK it is actually just below 3500. Maybe the gun shows over the weekend bumped it up a little ;)

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    My pleasure Art. Glad to try to assist in some small way.

As an FYI, your feedback regarding "one mic only" tells me conclusively that my ability to hear some audience questions was solely a function of how loudly any such questions were asked. The audience, unless I looked away briefly, never appeared on camera that I recall. Which means I could not hear nor source the majority of questions. Some I could indeed decipher though, if the person asking spoke loudly enough.

By contrast, Katie did appear on camera, as did a couple of board members. And as she was seated nearest to Mark, and could also on occasion be seen speaking, it seems likely that Mark's mic picked her up. And as it turns out, Mark covered the lack of microphone availability for the panel and the audience perfectly. It's a good practice at any time to preface a reply by repeating and indicating one's understanding of the question as asked. That that happened was huge to the overall presentation.

I for one hope you will continue with Zoom. It's a great option to have. Something about Annapolis (this time of year especially) can break me out in hives. :)

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom