• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Outdoor only right? That won't work for me, my wife is my shooting partner and she doesn't like the outdoors. Besides I'd burn $25 in gas easy by going an extra half hour each way. :lol2:

LOL, you must drive a tank!
    I can shoot for free since a friend has a few hundred acres of land, unfortunately it's only a 5 hour drive.:sad20:

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Jesus, You cry babys here need to open up a business and see what it costs to run one.
    Freds Sports is 15.00 per hour with no more than 2 shooters per lane.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Jesus, You cry babys here need to open up a business and see what it costs to run one.
    Freds Sports is 15.00 per hour with no more than 2 shooters per lane.

This! MSAR is still a better deal than NRA and On Target.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Now only if they changed there stupid policy of not letting you shoot any ammo that doesn't pass the magnet test.

How about you take $ 500.000.00 to a Million Dollars of your money and build a indoor range
    And let some buttholes shoot steel core or tungsten core ammo and leave dents or holes behind them in the steel traps and I would bet you would make the same decision. If you don't like it find a new place to play.
    Let's just look at the scrap value of the metal that come from a indoor range, Spent metals would be lead and copper jacket material and bits of paper. Lead and copper are worthwhile metals to recycle as they are worth good money per pound. Once you add steel to the lead and copper the product price has taken a huge dive in price unless you pay someone to separate the steel out.
    I have said it before here, Some of you crybabys don't have a Fing's clue on what it takes to run a small Business.

I was a bit mad that the price almost doubled but when I look at what other ranges charge I understand. MSAR was the first range I shot at. They gave me 20% discount on my shotgun sling, 2 groupons for renting a ar, discounted hql and Utah cc class all at a discount.I usually shoot on the rifle side during the week. You don't see to many mall ninjas.

They also have a good selection of gear upstairs.

necrodude

Aug 22, 2012
    PG county, MD
    How about you take $ 500.000.00 to a Million Dollars of your money and build a indoor range
    And let some buttholes shoot steel core or tungsten core ammo and leave dents or holes behind them in the steel traps and I would bet you would make the same decision. If you don't like it find a new place to play.
    Let's just look at the scrap value of the metal that come from a indoor range, Spent metals would be lead and copper jacket material and bits of paper. Lead and copper are worthwhile metals to recycle as they are worth good money per pound. Once you add steel to the lead and copper the product price has taken a huge dive in price unless you pay someone to separate the steel out.
    I have said it before here, Some of you crybabys don't have a Fing's clue on what it takes to run a small Business.
    That's exactly what I did. Now I go to the nra range where they check your ammo for steel core but don't do some stupid magnet test. Sure it's alittle farther drive but hey I rather give my money to them.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Before the move , did away w/ the Prof discount , so 50% increase. Another $5 at the new facility to start.

I rarely ever shoot by myself. I bring at least one , if not two guests, my mind reals to contemplate the percentage increase. It places. The same wear and tear on their facility if I shoot by myself , or rotate several new shooters in and out one at a time.

And Carl has never finianced any of the expansions , he has paid for each from the profits of the previous facility

Every once in a while 60min , inclusive of setting up , and packing in time could require watching the clock. But plenty of customers harbored resentment over being charged the full "hour or fraction thereof for 5-10min. So then came the evolution from $12/hr to $15/unlimited$ But only a relative handfull would go over 75min even with unlimited , so it increased their revenue/ hour whike seeming like a reduction.

Turbohugh

Squib..
    Jan 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    What rifle calibers do they allow again? Can't seem to find the old threads about it.

From what I've read >50 cal is allowed. I shoot 7.62 there as long as it doesn't stick to a magnet they are ok with it. [Typical 'Ruin our backstops' concern about steel core ammo'] Being as the rifle range is only a 50 yarder I can understand.

Shooting big calibers [especially with a muzzle brake] will have others flinching and looking your way. Even a .223 AR sounds loud there, but oh well.. Indoors has its benefits and drawbacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom