• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    So transporting to the range each gun has to be in a locked container now? I’ve heard this recently but Md state police website still says unloaded and in an enclosed case or holster with a flap. No mention of “locked”. Has the transportation laws changed?

No. No need for a locked container. Esquappellate has explained this multiple times.

Skimming this horrible thread rapidly, I saw a LOT of discussion of transport restrictions

THE LISTED TRANSPORT RESTRICTIONS ONLY APPLY TO HANDGUNS.

THEY GO AWAY WHEN YOU HAVE A HANDGUN PERMIT.

You can keep an unloaded "long gun" in your vehicle permanently, except perhaps in Baltimore and a few other places.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    No. No need for a locked container. Esquappellate has explained this multiple times.

Skimming this horrible thread rapidly, I saw a LOT of discussion of transport restrictions

THE LISTED TRANSPORT RESTRICTIONS ONLY APPLY TO HANDGUNS.

THEY GO AWAY WHEN YOU HAVE A HANDGUN PERMIT.

You can keep an unloaded "long gun" in your vehicle permanently, except perhaps in Baltimore and a few other places.
    Okay. Its just an instructor in a class I took about a week and a half ago (not worth a shot lol) told me handguns you’re transporting say in your trunk you are not technically “carrying” so a carry permit would make no difference there. I’m a pretty avid reader here just wanted to make sure there wasn’t something I missed.

Last edited:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The MSP shows no sign of getting so absurdly technical, but if it makes you feel better, just cover the gun with a bandana, jacket, or old underwear. The statute says it's supposed to be concealed by "an article of clothing."

I am not a lawyer, but neither is Mr. B. G. Os.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom