• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • etc1006

Nov 19, 2014
    SW Balto County
    I live about a mile from Patapsco Ave just off Annapolis Rd, constant dirt bikes and ATVs ripping up/down Annapolis Rd. Started during the lockdowns. You can tell by the sound when they think they're part of the circus and are seeing how long they can do a wheelie....

SouthCo

Nov 20, 2012
    Just trails. We have walking trails, bicycle trails and horse trails all over the place, they would just need to make one a dirt bike trail. Likely little to no cost difference. Just re-allocate what we already have.

Also regarding the original post, I didn't know the path was paved. Yeah, dirtbikes on dirt only.

(although I do think it's stupid dirt and mini bikes are illegal on the street when they can keep up with traffic, but we allow bicycles that also lack all the lights but take up most of the road and cause risky passing situations. but I am WAYYY off topic now!)

I will agree that bicycles being allowed on roads with no shoulders where the can't keep up is stupid.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I will agree that bicycles being allowed on roads with no shoulders where the can't keep up is stupid.
    Should be a road tax imposed on bicycles that use public roads. An inconvenience fee, if you will.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Last time I saw them on Quarter field road, there were three of them. Two of them were on appropriately sized dirt bikes, but the third dude was on a very small dirt bike that wasn't appropriately sized for him. He was like the runt of the pack. Could barely keep up and he was wide open. Comical... of course it had to be stolen. Why would he be riding such an inferior bike?
    Mini bikes are a real thing

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Metal trash can on each side of trail with cable tying them together
    Walker,jogger,ect. Would see cable.speeding dirt bike probably not. ? Just saying

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    1- always keep your money in your front pocket.

2- never stick it in crazy.

3- never talk to the man.

also: It’s really hard to see some colors of 550 cord.
    My Grandfather once mentioned stringing piano wire between trees to deal with invading Cossacks. I guess the locals of the day were tired of rape and pillage.

Since these guys are not on horseback, a few thick branches across the paths here and there would slow things down without the messiness of actual decapitation.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Enough with the segregation. I hope it’s a diverse group of punks who asked each others preferred pronouns before shenanigans ensued.

Hate doesn’t live here.
    Other dudes are living in the ghetto
    But born in Pacific Heights
    Don't seem much betto

We're white punks on dope
    Mom and Dad live in Hollywood
    Hang myself when I get enough rope
    I can't clean up, though I know I should

Sounds like . . . diversity.

wpage

Ultimate Member
    Oct 17, 2022
    Southern Delaware
    This is what happens when there aren't any places to ride legally. Not saying what they did was OK or right, and I can't tell how reckless they were from the story, but where are they to go? If MD makes it impossible for you to ride legally, you become a criminal and you begin to care less about repercussions. Some of us can relate.
    This is true ^^^

RegularJay

NRA & SAF Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2007
    Harford County
    This is what happens when there aren't any places to ride legally. Not saying what they did was OK or right, and I can't tell how reckless they were from the story, but where are they to go? If MD makes it impossible for you to ride legally, you become a criminal and you begin to care less about repercussions. Some of us can relate.
    Ummm NO! Society does not owe these clowns a place to ride! If no legal place exists to ride a dirtbike then don't buy a dirtbike! This sort of entitled "F everybody I just do what I want" attitude is at the root of many of our problems.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Ummm NO! Society does not owe these clowns a place to ride! If no legal place exists to ride a dirtbike then don't buy a dirtbike! This sort of entitled "F everybody I just do what I want" attitude is at the root of many of our problems.
    Who said they bought them? But yeah, 100% valid points.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I hope the boobytrap crowd plans on being nearby so they can prevent all non-combatants (kids on bicycles, older folks out for a walk) from getting tripped up.
    I think they're just venting. As a kid my friend's father was killed riding a motorcycle where someone had ran a cable across the trail. It was horrible.

wpage

Ultimate Member
    Oct 17, 2022
    Southern Delaware
    So some of you think its ok to booby trap, and probably injure these kids for wanting to have a place to ride thier bikes?

Thats rude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom