• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I was shopping at one of my favorite LGSs this morning, and a young man came in inquiring about what it takes to buy a handgun. The staff was quite helpful and the customer spent some time looking at the eye candy in the glass cases. Another customer was there, who tried to steer the newbie into a .45 because that's what HE had and it was 'better' in all ways than a 9mm. I cringed, and spent some time with the newbie after the old guy left. I told him I thought he was on the right track (he said he really was leaning towards a 9) and he should get his HQL and visit a range or two where he could get some lessons and rent a couple of different pistols. Then he'd have some more info on which to make a decision.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    I wasnt there, but I was in his shop one day and he pulled a 22 rifle off the rack that he just worked on to show it off. When he handed it to me I checked to make sure it was clear and sure enough, there was a live round in the chamber. I’m fairly certain that was the last time I went there.
    That made me shiver. I despise unwarranted unearned ego.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Rifle indoors? Like a Mosin carbine with full power loads flinging a ball of fire after the bullet on a dimly lit range?

I didn't see it, only heard it, and decided it was time to go somewhere else. It's a little hard to focus on Bullseye shooting...lol.

There are some pics somewhere on here of a similar thing.
    Nothing some double up ear pro can't fix, right?

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Had a conversation with a member here about SBR’s in Maryland. He was quite adamant that there is no length restriction on SBR’s and assured me that he had an 8” barreled (sub 29” AR15) approved post 2013. I politely disagreed.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I was told yesterday by a LGS employee that Maryland ranges don't allow the use of "hollow nose" bullets.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Range - cop/fellow member approached me biggest swinging dick style to tell me I was breaking the law shooting with 17, 30 and 33 round mags and I was only allowed to have 10 rds. I tried to tell him the law before giving up and thanking him for cutting me a break to appease the ego.
    Shop - not too bad. Nothing jumps out at me.

Last edited:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Range - cop/fellow member approached me biggest swinging dick style to tell me I was breaking the law shooting with 17, 30 and 33 round mags and I was only allowed to have 10 rds. I tried to tell him the law before giving up and thanking him for cutting me a break to appease the ego.
    I got that once, I asked if he was an RSO at that range, he said NO, I said are you going to arrest me, he said NO. So I asked why are you bothering me.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Yeah please don't feed people like that. Tell him to fvck off and mind his business.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    So this might not be the right place to put this. But in lieu of starting a new thread it might be appropriate. During my ccw class, some asked " should my references be law abiding citizens?" The instructor paused for a long moment and then said "yes that would probably be a good idea."

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I listened to someone teaching new shooters one night. He told them they would have to load the magazines by hand because "if someone was in your house you wouldn't have time to find the magazine loader".

I turned down the volume on the headset.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I would have told him to either go pound his tiny pud, or be a man and arrest me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom